Requirements are captured in different ways in different organizations. Kovair’s Requirement Management solution allows users to capture Requirements in multiple formats as given below:
- Direct entry support for both textual requirements as well as narratives with formatting and images
- Submission from a corporate website or portal
- Capturing from email sent to a configured and designated mail address
- Importing from Microsoft Office based documents such as Word and Excel
- Importing from a CSV file with configurable format
- Integrating with any third party Requirements Management tool through the Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform.
- Synchronizing with any document management tools such as SharePoint
Kovair Requirements Management offering has the most comprehensive traceability relation features compared to its competitors. Besides creating, tracking and managing relationships between different artifacts, Kovair allows users to define relationship between artifacts which is very unique in the business.
The Traceability along with impact analysis feature in Kovair helps users to understand different coverage, for example. functional coverage of Business Requirements, Test Coverage of Functional Requirements, and Use Case Coverage of Business Requirements. These relationships allow users to demonstrate compliance and ensure quality output. Using the coverage reports project members can identify the gaps throughout the lifecycle and take corrective actions accordingly. Read more ❯
Managing everything at one place
Kovair being a 100% web based solution provides all the facilities of a repository system. Once the Requirements become part of it, the team can always work on a single source of information where all requirements and other artifacts are captured. All the versions and the changes that happen over time are captured, so no extra time is required to obtain the latest version of a document or to figure out what has changed on the actual. Moreover, when users maintain requirements in word or excel format there are certain limitations.
In Microsoft Word, one can capture requirements efficiently by including rich text and images but cannot prioritize or rank them easily, whereas in excel just the reverse is true. Moving to the Kovair solution eliminates all these problems by providing both of these options within the tool. Users can use different types of views, filters, and text based searches to view the records.
Tracking Changes – Audit Trail
An audit trail (or audit log) is a security-based chronological set of records. This is the documentary evidence of the sequence of activities that has impacted a specific operation, procedure, or an event at any time. The process that creates an audit trail is typically required to always run in a privileged mode, so it can access and supervise all actions from all users. A normal user should not be allowed to stop or change it.
Kovair Requirements Management solution allows users to answer the three major questions related to any change that has occurred.
- Who has changed it?
- What has been changed?
- When has it got changed?
Users can view the entire change history as well as can filter those using different options.
Reusing Requirements or any other assets allows organizations to increase productivity, minimize errors, thus helping to reach the target earlier. If around 90% of the requirements can be reused, the next product can be launched faster.
Enterprise wide reuse capability of Kovair keeps the requirements synchronized and in context, along with changes, comments, referred items and other related information. Kovair allows users to reuse artifacts across projects through branching and cloning. Users can track the artifacts from the origin to the destination with the capability of merging the changes of a particular branch to the main trunk.
Variety of Reports
Kovair produces reports and requirements documents of various kinds. These include:
- MRD – Marketing Requirements Document – a fully formatted Word document
- SRS – System Requirements Specifications – a fully formatted Word document
- Product Roadmap Document – a fully formatted Word document
- Test Compliance Report – a fully formatted Word document
- Trend Charts
- Requirements Stability Chart
- Graphical Charts
- Distribution of Requirements by Type, Criticality, Source or any other custom field
- HTML – enabling direct printing from the Requirements list page
- Exporting any lists to Excel for additional formatting and manipulation
- Built-in Crystal Report – offering an easy way to do custom formatting, or to create your own reports from the scratch
- Word Reporting – enabling fully customizable formatting with multi-level data elements from Kovair
Kovair Requirements Management solution allows globally distributed teams to collaborate real-time across disparate multi-vendor tools. Enterprise level collaboration in Kovair helps users to review, discuss, decide, and stay connected.
It allows users to overcome all the communication related challenges for a product delivery and empowers everyone with the insight of the progress of the delivery.
Kovair allows team members to collaborate in multiple ways and perform multiple actions such as:
- Reviewing artifacts based on the same source of information through review mechanism
- Initiating and participating in discussion threads through comment section
- Subscribing to individual items or items in batch for any modification
Learn more about Kovair’s collaborative review functionality.
Requirements elicitation practices include interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, brainstorming, use cases, role playing and prototyping. Requirements models are used when requirements are gathered and also when detail system analysis gets done. Building accurate models means that the correctness of the requirements is guaranteed. The need for these models or diagrams is different for different industries and user roles.
Kovair Requirements Management solution allows users to create these different types of diagrams and embed them within description for ready reference by the stakeholders. Users can also create and maintain the diagrams as attachments to the artifacts.
Different types of diagrams as supported by Kovair are:
- Class Diagrams
- UI Mockup Diagrams
- UML Diagrams
- Activity Diagrams
- Flow Charts
- Use Case Diagrams
- Business Process Diagrams
- Clipart based Drawings
Learn more about Kovair’s built-in modeling capability.
Versioning of requirements aims at providing access to the specific change states of individual requirements over the course of a lifecycle. A version of a requirement is defined by its specific content of the change state and is marked by a unique version number.
Kovair allows organizations to avail three different kinds of versioning policies as:
- Always Version – Whenever a record is edited a version will be created
- User Selectable – The user who edits the record can control the fact whether a version is to be created or not.
- No Version – This option restricts users from any sort of versioning
Kovair also allows users to select the attributes of the artifact that take part in versioning.
Versioning capability of Kovair provides the user to view the data of different versions in both textual and diagrammatic format. Kovair allows users to compare two versions side by side and merge them if needed. Using the version capabilities of Kovair, users can rollback versions and reconstruct requirements attribute by attribute.
Task based Workflow
Kovair, through its built-in Omni Process Workflow Engine, facilitates complete automation of the Requirements Management workflow – the way it happens in your organization- by facilitating the creation of a Task-based process. This capability helps simplifying task management across the time zones by replacing manual task assignment with automatic handoff. This happens during the review of Requirements i.e. before including them to a product roadmap.
Some major advantages of Omniprocess Workflow Engine are:
- Task based workflow in contrast to State based workflow
- Multiple Independent processes at different levels
- Web based visual drag & drop designer
- Conditional Branching
- Provision for defining Process Variables
- Capability of Process Simulation
Dashboard for Management
A dashboard is a user interface that provides a consolidated view of multiple items on a single screen. It is an effective tool for real-time information tracking and can be useful for a CIO, Business Manager, or any other executive.
Kovair allows creation of dashboards using various types of gadgets including Catalog, Gantt charts and Reports. Any number of gadgets can be included in a dashboard with an option to place the gadgets across multiple columns and rows. The diagrams and charts used in Kovair dashboard are not just images, they display detailed drilldown data. Users can also view, edit, clone, and delete dashboards according to their needs.
The major benefits one can achieve by using the Kovair dashboards are:
- 100% customizable as per management needs
- View constant real-time data
- View consolidated data across different entities
- Ability to view drill-down data
- Effective sharing of information across stakeholders
- Better decision-making process With Kovair ALM Studio one can achieve all the goals of viewing real time reports, dashboards and detailed drill-down data across all the integrated ALM tools.