What is Kovair Data Lake?
Kovair Data Lake is a centralized data store that comes with SQL Server and soon with MongoDB as the database. It is capable of storing data from multiple projects residing in diversified tools used by an organization.
Data from tools can be extracted in two ways:
- Through the Kovair Omnibus Extractors
- Through Tool specific extractors
If the tools are integrated through Kovair Omnibus, then an Omnibus extractor can be used to pull the data from Omnibus data store.
In case if the tools used are not integrated with Kovair Omnibus, then you can use individual tool extractors to directly pull the data from the tools.
Based on the need of the organization, the stored data can be segregated across multiple instances in a Data Lake based on requirement/criteria of the departments or business units. Kovair Data Lake also comes with a very intuitive UI interface for managing and monitoring of the Data Lake.
View data snapshots, manage Data Lake users and keep track of license expiry dates and usage with Kovair Data Lake Web Portal.
Kovair Data Lake Portal offers you complete control of how you monitor and manage your Data Lake. Some of the top functionalities that you can do with Kovair Data Lake portal are as follows
- Set up database and extractor connections
- Manage license for connected extractors
- Manage portal users (both external tool users and ADSI users)
- Create base data model and model repository
- Use Dashboards to view data volume for each connected tools
- Create Reports (Standard/Custom) for proper analysis and decision making
Introduction of Extractors
Kovair Data Lake tool extractors are available in two types – Extractors and Omnibus Extractors.
- Extractors are tool specific windows services used for extracting data from tool to Data Lake based on configuration. You can set up a Windows Service or an SQL based authentication that will enable the extractor to make data from a particular database visible.
- Omnibus Extractors are Kovair platform specific Windows services applicable for data extraction from Kovair ALM and Omnibus to Data Lake, based on the type of configuration that you choose.
Both Extractors and Omnibus Extractors are single extractors that can connect a Data Lake instance with multiple instances and projects belonging to the same tool. These are license based and come with annual-based subscriptions. In case of both, extractor licenses can be applied from Data Lake Portal only.