- Complexity and cost pressure. There will be more platform sharing and more modular systems. At the same time, regulatory pressures will tighten, and prices in established markets are likely to be flat.
- Diverging markets. OEMs need to adapt to changing regional and segment patterns of supply and demand with respect to their production and supply base footprints, supply chains, and product portfolios; and the emerging Chinese aftersales market offers new growth opportunities.
- Digital demands. Consumers want more connectivity, are focused on active safety and ease of use, and are increasingly using digital sources in making their purchase decisions.
- Shifting industry landscape. Suppliers will add more value in alternative powertrain technologies and in innovative solutions for active safety and infotainment; Europe needs to restructure and adjust its capacity to better match demand; and competition is emerging from China.
Major business benefits that can be achieved with Kovair’s automotive solution are:
- Capture and manage requirements and changes over a central web-based platform
- Automate and standardize workflows across globally distributed teams.
- Complete coverage to perform Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment as per ISO26262 covering
- Hazard Identification
- Hazard Classification
- Automated ASIL Determination
- Safety Goal Determination
- Functional Safety Concept
- Safety Requirements Specifications
- Gain complete visibility for the entire development lifecycle and simplify decision-making with end-to-end traceability, real-time customizable reports & dashboards.
- Make audit preparations hassle free and efficient at reduced costs through continuous compliance with ISO 26262.
- Ensure alignment across product and engineering disciplines through ALM-PLM integration.
- Track and manage product and process quality targets.
- Provide real-time visibility on product status.
- Manage risk recalls, and compliance guidelines centrally with complete transparency.
- Out of the box integration with 115+ tools from areas of PLM, ERP, CRM, PPM & ALM solutions through proprietary enterprise service bus – Kovair Omnibus.
Kovair ALM Platform
Major Capabilities of Kovair ALM
- Single centralized browser-based platform for all phases of Project and Portfolio Management – PPM & Application Lifecycle Management – ALM. No additional plugins, no additional desktop tools for any phase. Manage your project pipeline, portfolio, resources and real-time monitoring of the triple constraints of Time, Resource and Cost for project success.
- Task Based Workflow engine featuring visual drag-and-drop workflow designer cutting across all phases and tools for better governance. Supports conditional process flows, parallel paths, delay & wait nodes facilitating any simple to complex business scenarios.
- End-to-End Traceability offering complete view of upstream and downstream relationships of artifacts — belonging to different lifecycle phases — from Kovair application or from other external tools integrated with Kovair ALM platform through Kovair’s proprietary Enterprise Service Bus –the Kovair Omnibus. Support for proactive and reactive impact analysis enabling controlled Change Management.
- Custom template-based word reports for generating pre-formatted documents for management, clients and team members. Support for offline editing enabling users to synchronize any change done in offline mode to synch with the application.
- Group & Role based reports and dashboards with drill down capabilities for easy view of metrics across all application lifecycle phases and tools.
- Extensive support for Versioning and Audit trail for complying with different standard compliance.
- Configurable Business Rules with E-mail based notifications supporting different business scenarios like event-based action, escalation, schedule-based activity and onscreen runtime validation.
- Mouse Click Configurability allowing organizations to manage projects using any model like Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, V-Model, Spiral, Hybrid or anything else as per business needs of the organization.
Kovair Automotive Solution
- Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Requirements Management
- Deign Management
- Test Management
- Defect Management
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Release Planning
- Task and Timesheet Management
Features of Kovair Automotive Solution
Some of the salient features of Kovair Automotive template are:
Entity Management Framework
Task-Based Workflow Management
The platform for Kovair Automotive solution provides the capability of configuring both micro and macro level task-based workflow for every artifact as required based on the working model of the organization. Each element of the workflow like status, conditional paths, pre & post traversal conditions, dependencies and owners of tasks can be customized as per organizational needs. Some of its key features are:
- Allows implementation of governance across all phases of project lifecycle through web-based configurability over a graphical editor
- Eliminates manual handoffs between teams in conjunction with tasks and notifications
- Supports conditional branching for parallel activities
- Supports Delay and Wait nodes for cross phase communication
- Provides behind the scenes graphical display of the progress of workflow
- Allows users to do a prototyping of the designed workflow before publishing
- Supports full workflow edit capabilities during runtime if needed
Traceability and Impact Analysis
Kovair Automotive solution comes with a complete traceability across various artifacts to ensure safety measures are taken at every level, every requirement is covered with appropriate tests and defects if any. This also allows users to do a proactive impact analysis based on these relationships. This traceability can be viewed in different ways such as Traceability View, Relation Diagram and Traceability Matrix. Other than the pre-configured relationships between the existing artifacts, any other relationship as desired to ensure safety can also be configured using simple mouse clicks.
This relationships between artifacts can also be used to analyse an in-depth impact of any required change during the process of delivery. The extensive support of impact analysis in Kovair Automotive solution can be leveraged to take a judicious decision about implementation of a change.
Kovair Automotive solution is tightly coupled with the SOA architected proprietary ESB from Kovair – Omnibus which allows organizations to integrate the solution to 115+ tools from different areas like ALM, PPM, ITSM, CRM, ERP & PLM. It also provides APIs for extending Kovair with custom interfaces thereby connecting different Teams, Processes and Tools for achieving success through better real-time collaboration. Being a winner of Gartner’s cool vendor award, Kovair Omnibus’s major functionalities are:
- Plug-n-ply based integration
- Zero data loss with built-in disaster recovery mechanism
- Synchronization attachments, comments, and relationships along with the records
- Mouse click configurability of integration rules with reusable configuration mechanism
- Capability of integrating tools across any network boundary
Out of the box integrations
Kovair through its flagship product Omnibus offers robust integration capabilities with some of the industry’s leading product lifecycle management – PLM tools like PTC Windchill, Aras Innovator and Siemens Teamcenter. This allows organizations to track defect failure across the product lifecycle from Requirement to Release and conducting root cause analysis for troubleshooting. This also allows organizations to compare BOM / Design data iterations across different disciplines.
Modules of Kovair Automotive Solution
Kovair Automotive solution is pre-configured with multiple modules as mentioned below.
Kovair Requirement Management allows significant advantages to users in comparison to managing things in offline mediums like word, excel or any other legacy tool:
- Multiple ways of capturing Requirements: Supports multiple ways of capturing requirements like to gather and manage various types of requirements over a browser-based platform for collaborative Requirements analysis and Change control.
- Correctness of Requirements: Ensures correctness of requirements through task-based workflow, built-in modeling capability and review module.
- Versioning and Audit Trail: Kovair’s built in versioning and impact analysis capabilities help track the who, when and what of changes for audit, compare the changes between versions of requirements.
- Complete Traceability: Every requirement captured in the application is an integral part of the overall development process providing a complete end to end visibility of the progress. The traceability chain connecting the Requirements to Architecture to Design to Tests ensures complete visibility across functional, system, test and other relational coverage. It can be integrated with best of breed tools and formats – ReqIF, JIRA, IBM Rational DOORS Next Gen, Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, Matlab Simulink, LDRA, round-trip export-import with MS Excel and Word, and many more.
Kovair Automotive solution provides support for Model Based System Engineering – MBSE through its integration with different design tools like Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, MATLAB Simulink. Integrated through Kovair Omnibus, architects can view the latest updated requirements within their design tool and once completed push the design element to Kovair Automotive solution and make it an integral part of traceability.
Kovair Automotive solution makes the entire development team an integral part of the entire development process by providing integration with different IDEs. Developers can view the latest version of the assigned defects or requirements within their IDE. Once they check in their code in SCM tools like Github, Bitbucket, SVN, TFS or others through Kovair Omnibus, it is passed to Kovair Automotive solution making it a part of the end-to-end traceability.
Build & Release Management
In Kovair Automotive solution organizations can maintain their releases and can relate the release to all other artifacts in the application allowing organizations to:
- Identify build errors and notify appropriate stakeholders with e-mail base notifications
- Quick identification of issues with complete audit trail of builds
- Measure the business value of releases by tracking the associated deliverables of the releases
- Automate the entire build and release process from code check in to deployment through Kovair DevOps.
Test & Quality Management
Kovair Automotive solution with its built-in Test Management capabilities allows to:
- Create and manage different types of test cases to facilitate test at every stage to ensure quality.
- Import test cases from multiple excel or word documents
- Easily create traceability with different types of requirements, code files and defects
- Maintain complete test execution history with detailed statistics.
- Integrate with different test automation tools like selenium and many other test tools facilitate other areas of testing like performance, API testing and many more.
The Defect Management module of Kovair Automotive solution allows to:
- Identify, organize, and view defects across projects in a centralized repository and supports attachment of files directly from the Cloud without saving those in local drives before uploading.
- Use a pre-configured configurable automated task-based workflow for managing the entire defect lifecycle.
- Link defects with test artifacts and requirements.
- Automatically create defects from failed test cases.
- Notify relevant teams and users with every status change of the defects.
- Escalate if critical defects are left unattended.
- Gain complete visibility of open defects across the entire development lifecycle
Defect Management Workflow
Kovair Risk Management allows to identify, organize, and view risks in a centralized repository and track it by severity, likelihood, submitter name, risk owner and status. It monitors and manages risks relating with the upstream and downstream artifacts and ensures end to end traceability across all lifecycle artifacts. It helps to perform risk analysis early and continuously throughout the development process and provides real time risks information instead of getting confused in static and scattered documents or spreadsheets. Using risk and hazard analysis, you are ensured that all existing risks are covered with proper mitigation.
Hazard Management and ASIL Determination
Kovair’s HARA – Hazard & Risk Analysis Management allows to identify various hazards depending on the malfunctions of the items and driving scenarios. It also allows to classify the hazards by assigning appropriate Severity, Exposure and Controllability. Depending on these, the system automatically calculates an ASIL number and an ASIL flag for that Hazard as per the standard ASIL Determination formula.
This increases the efficiency and precision of ASIL values as it is auto calculated based on multiple parameters as mentioned above. Once the ASIL value gets calculated, Kovair Automotive solution also allows users to view the hazards grouped by their ASIL level.
Change and configuration management
Kovair Automotive solution offers integrated change management providing the following functionalities:
- Capture, manage, and track your change requests in one unified solution
- In-depth impact analysis to decide which project artifacts must be checked, changed, or added against the change request
- Relate change requests with their related requirements
- Collaborate with stakeholders through threaded comments, voting and automated notification of implemented changes
- A complete task-based workflow for approval of change requests before implementation.
Visual Monitoring through Reports and Dashboards
Kovair Automotive template comes with a wide range of customizable graphical and textual reports. The reports are created using simple mouse-clicks using the data from different entities defined to manage the different lifecycle phases. These reports can be included in different gadgets in various visual dashboards. Multiple reports can be included to organize a Dashboard. Every gadget in the dashboard provides drill down capability for users to have an insight of the underlying data. Kovair also supports generation of custom template-based word documents satisfying different needs of compliance audit.
Every report and dashboard in Kovair Automotive solution is access based where it can be assigned to different users based on roles and responsibilities of the user. Not only at project level, senior executives can view different cross project reports & dashboards at the portfolio level and monitor the health of all ongoing projects.