Kovair Solution for Automotive SPICE and ISO 26262 Compliance
- Facilitate faster development and delivery of products for automotive industry.
- Streamline functional safety compliance capabilities in automotive development like Automotive SPICE and ISO26262
- Manage Hazard and Risk Analysis (HARA) with automated ASIL calculation and coverage for safety requirements engineering.
- Monitor and manage failure modes, risks, and CAPA (corrective and preventive action) in relation to upstream and downstream artifacts.
- Provide deeper insights into the development processes through in-built reporting and dashboards, enabling quick decision making.
- Integrate with more than 110+ tools across various areas of operation like ALM, PPM, PLM, ERP, CRM and many more.
- Ensure alignment across all stakeholders, development teams and suppliers through management of digital and traceable work products.
- Enable transparency in processes and enforce process quality with a Task Based workflow.
- Efficiently plan, track, and manage administrative and project tasks using Task Scheduler, Tasks and Timesheet Management
- Help in managing high complexity projects with enhanced development tool quality, reducing miscommunications, and increasing customer satisfaction.
Automotive SPICE Traceability and Consistency Concept
- Traceability and consistency are both addressed in Automotive SPICE.
- Traceability refers to the existence of meaningful references or links between work products.
- Consistency on the other hand addresses contents and semantics.
Source: Automotive SPICE V3.1 Pocket Guide – Page 106
Kovair Automotive Solution
Keeping alignment to the above architectural model of Automotive SPICE, the Kovair Automotive Solution has been designed in a comprehensive manner to address the various aspects of Automotive SPICE.
The solution is designed on a flexible framework such that if required it can be extended to accommodate any additional configurations that an organization may need to add to the solution to meet any of their specific business requirements.
Following is a snapshot of its Entity Relationship (ER) model. In the ER diagram below, the boxes denote the entities / artifacts / work products, and the arrows denote the relationship links with which the entities are linked to one another.
V-Model for Kovair Automotive Solution
Entity Organization in Kovair Automotive Solution
The following modules are designed in the Kovair Automotive solution consisting of the various entities/work products that constitute each module.
- Requirements Management
- Customer Requirement (same as Stakeholders Requirements)
- System Requirements
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Requirements
- Architecture Management
- System Architecture
- Hardware Architecture
- Software Architecture
- Design Management
- Hardware Detailed Designs
- Software Detailed Designs
- Test Management
- System Integration Tests
- System Tests
- Hardware Tests
- Software Tests
- Hardware Integration Tests
- Software Integration Tests
- Hardware Detail Tests
- Software Unit Tests
- Test Executions
- Defect Management
- Change Management
- Change Requests
- Item Functions
- Driving Scenarios
- Hazard and Risk Analysis
- Safety Management
- Safety Goals
- Functional Safety Requirements
- Technical Safety Requirements
- Hardware Safety Requirements
- Software Safety Requirements
Apart from the above the solution also provides,
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Resource Planning
- Resource Workloads
- Resource Availability
- Release Management
- Task & Timesheet Management
- Reports & Dashboards
- Reports – Graphical, Textual, Word Reports
Kovair provides an end-to-end Traceability View across all the entities / artifacts / work products linked to one another by means of relational links. Following is a snapshot depicting the traceability of items that form the left side of the V as shown in the following Automotive SPICE diagram.
Traceability Diagram of Automotive SPICE
The Kovair Traceability View
Following is a snapshot of a Kovair Traceability view showing the entire hierarchy, starting from Customer Requirements drilling down to the Software Detailed Designs.
Hierarchical Linked Artifacts from Kovair Traceability View
Validations and Verifications
Kovair Automotive Solution allows the verification and validation of Requirements, Designs and others by means of its built-in Test Management solution. It allows to design and link one or multiple Test Cases along with Test Steps. It also allows the execution of those Test Cases and records the Test Execution results for each of the executions that a Test Case has gone through.
Following is a snapshot of all System Test Cases that have been designed and the statistics of their executions.
System Tests with Execution Details
Following is a snapshot of the details of a System Test showing the linked Test Steps, its coverage with the System Requirement, each of the Test Executions that it has gone through over a period of time and the Defects that has been created due to the failure of any of the Test Executions.
Test Details with Requirement Coverage
Test with Series of Executions and Linked Defects
Also from the System Requirement level, a Requirement Manager can view all the Systems Tests that have been designed and executions being conducted to verify the System Requirement. The following snapshot shows a System Requirement detail which shows all the System Tests being designed as a Test Coverage for this System Requirement.
Software Requirements Test Coverage
Such validation and verification coverage exists for other types of Requirements as well. The following snapshot shows the test coverage of a Software Requirement.
Execution Details of a Software Test
Review and Approval of Requirements
Kovair Automotive Solution allows the review and approval of requirements through an in-built Task based workflow engine. This helps in facilitating complete automation of Requirements Management workflow through the built-in codeless configurable Workflow Engine of Kovair. It lets the administrator draw and define multiple independent processes at different levels through visual drag and drop designer.
Talking about its key features,
Allows implementation of governance across all phases of project lifecycle through web-based configurability over a graphical editor, like drawing a Visio diagram.
- Eliminates manual handoffs between teams in conjunction with tasks and notifications.
- Supports conditional branching for parallel activities.
- Supports Delay and Wait nodes for cross phase communication.
- Provides behind the scenes graphical display of the progress of workflow.
- Allows users to do a prototyping of the designed workflow before publishing.
- Supports full workflow editing capabilities during runtime if needed.
Following is a snapshot of the workflow from the Kovair Automotive solution defined for Customer Requirements.
Kovair Workflow for Customer Requirements
Visual Monitoring through Reports and Dashboards
Kovair Automotive solution comes with a wide range of customizable graphical and textual reports. The reports are created using simple mouse-clicks using the data from different entities defined to manage the different lifecycle phases. These reports can be included on different gadgets in various visual dashboards. Multiple reports can be included to organize a Dashboard.
A Dashboard can be assigned to multiple users and at the same time a user can have access to multiple dashboards depending on the privileges and access rights. Each report has drill down capabilities to monitor the KPIs and provide support in the decision-making process.
Kovair Automotive Solution, besides meeting the aspects specified in the Automotive SPICE Handbook, helps to avoid costly overruns, and reduce rework in the delivery of digital mobility solutions – all in a single web-based platform! Use this solution to minimize the time and costs of developing high quality automotive products. In Kovair’s opinion, this solution built on Kovair ALM framework is one of the most comprehensive solutions for the automotive market. The design of this solution meets the Automotive SPICE and ISO26262 requirements on one hand, and on the other it can be extended and custom configured to address specific customer needs on top of the existing solution just by simple mouse clicks from a web browser!