Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform
Kovair Omnibus is an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) platform that seamlessly connects applications and data using SOA Architecture.
Software teams are using multiple tools that are considered to be best of the breed but unfortunately most of them work in silos without sharing data in real time. Kovair Omnibus enables you to connect 100+ applications so that you can create a unified and highly productive development environment. This helps organizations to achieve cross-team and cross-tool collaboration across disparate systems.
Role of Kovair Omnibus in PLM-ALM Integration
Kovair through its flagship product Omnibus (an ESB-based integration middleware platform) has built robust integration capabilities with product lifecycle management (PLM) tools for some of the industry’s leading PLM platforms like PTC Windchill and Aras Innovator with others to follow. Through bi-directional seamless integration capability, many of the popular ALM (application lifecycle management) tools like IBM, HP, Microsoft, JIRA, CA, Polarion and GitHub can be connected to leading PLM platforms.
Typical challenges and Use Cases for ALM-PLM Integration
|Collaboration||Difficulty in communicating across departments for execution of systems engineering process.||Silos of distributed data among different engineering disciplines.|
|Data Management||Inability to maintain updated versions of data across the SCP development.||Lack of data synchronization across enterprise tools.|
|Data Visualization / Decision Making||No easy way to compare BOM / Design data iterations across different disciplines.|
|Program/Project Management||Tracking the status of a project progress such as who is working on which deliverable across domains is a major issue.|
|Data Governance||Inability to exercise streamlined access control with multiple stakeholders involved across various functions throughout the SCP product development.||User synchronization and role mapping across different tools could be a challenge|
|Traceability||Tracking defect failure across the product lifecycle from Requirement to Release and conducting root cause analysis for troubleshooting could be a nightmare|
Windchill PLM – ALM ++ Integration
Kovair Windchill Adapter integrates PTC’s Windchill with the best-of-breed ALM tools, thereby enabling users to track inherent PLM components namely WTParts, Documents, ECR, ECNs from within the application lifecycle management (ALM) Tool interface.
Kovair Omnibus works as the central platform of data flow and exchange between Innovator and other ALM tools. When integrated with the adapter, it can expand the benefits of PLM (product lifecycle management) Tools by automating the flow of Windchill Artifacts to other ALM tools. As a result, it creates an end-to-end traceability through which activities of the Innovator tool and the ones occurring inside other ALM Toolsets can be monitored.
Key Highlights of Kovair Windchill Adapter
Kovair Windchill Adapter when integrated with Omnibus platform offers the following benefits –
- Uniform configuration for multi-tool integration with the Innovator tool.
- Point-and-Click Configuration capability guided by Kovair interactive UI.
- Data synchronization from Innovator for multiple products that can be viewed through a single interface on Kovair Platform.
- Exposure of Innovator entities and data related to it directly from the tool to Kovair Omnibus, to enable data visibility from other ALM tools integrated with Kovair platform.
- Leveraging data for creating end-to-end traceability, custom reports and analytics using Kovair reporting engine including potential use of the Kovair Data Lake product.
Example of use cases showing Windchill PLM integration with one of IBM’s ALM Suite:
- Bi-Directional synchronization of Requirement residing in RDNG with Rhapsody and Windchill.
- Traceability between Requirements of RDNG, Design Artifacts of Rhapsody, and Change Request of PTC Windchill.
Aras – ALM++ Integration
Kovair Aras Innovator Adapter integrates the Innovator tool with the best-of-breed ALM tools, thereby enabling users to track inherent PLM components namely PR, ECR, EN from within the ALM Tool interface.
Kovair Omnibus works as the central platform of data flow and exchange between Innovator and other ALM tools. When integrated with the adapter, it can expand the benefits of PLM tools by automating the flow of Innovator Artifacts to other ALM tools. As a result, it creates an end-to-end traceability through which activities of the Innovator tool and the ones occurring inside other ALM Toolsets can be monitored.
Example of use cases showing Aras Innovator integration with ServiceNow and IBM RTC:
- Bi-Directional synchronization of Incident created in ServiceNow triggers a change request in IBM RTC, which in turn triggers a CR in Aras Innovator upon modification in IBM RTC.
- Traceability between Incidents of ServiceNow, Change Record of IBM RTC, and Change Request of Aras Innovator.