What’s New in Omnibus 8.7 release?
Widgets for Performance Monitoring
The new Omnibus Report widget for dashboard is introduced to monitor performance of the Omnibus Engine Service’s central orchestration in real-time.
To add this gadget select “Omnibus Report” in Gadget Type dropdown while adding new gadget in Dashboard.
The Event Collection Report is displayed as the following graph:
Fig: Omnibus Event Collection Graphical ReportThere are four Report Types available for this gadget:
- Event Collection Report will show number of events collected per 10 seconds by Omnibus Engine Collector service.
- Event Processor Report will show number of events processed per 10 seconds by Omnibus Engine Processor service.
- Action Success Report will show number of successful actions done by Omnibus Engine Service per 10 seconds.
- Action Failure Report will show number of unsuccessful actions done by Omnibus Engine Service per 10 seconds.
Enhanced Data MonitorEasily track the status of every item passing through the Omnibus with help of different indicators:
- Arrival of new events – While viewing Sync Monitor if a new Event appear, the background for that Event will be Semi Transparent Grey Background to easily identify the same.
- License limit already exceeded – The green disc for an Event/Actions turns yellow when it has not been processed due to License limit being exceeded.
- Failed Condition – The green disc for an Event/Actions turns orange when it has not satisfied a condition.
- Invalid User – The green disc for an Event/Actions turns red when there is a processing error due to “Invalid User trying perform and Action”.
- Status in Tooltip – In the Syncback monitor on putting the mouse over any Event /Action node the Tooltip statuses are shown. Clicking the View Details hyperlink user can see the corresponding Event /Action/ Syncback Action details.
- Syncback Action – The icon denotes Syncback Action
Enhanced License Dashboard
The License Dashboard is enhanced to enable users to see the periodic license consumption history for more time ranges. Instead of seeing the report just for Days now users can see it for other time ranges too e.g. Hours, Weeks, Months and Year. A pie-chart diagram that shows the percentage of license available is now only displayed for Named License and not Concurrent License category.
Fig: Omnibus License Dashboard
New Adapters ReleasedFour new integration adapters have been released. They are as follows:
- Kovair Pivotal Tracker Integration Adapter – This new adapter through its integration with Omnibus Integration platform, allows bi-directional synchronization for epic, stories, task and activities between Pivotal Tracker and other ALM tools e.g. JIRA, Rally, CA Clarity PPM etc. Users can get centralized and transparent view on current IT projects portfolio, shared expectations on deliverables in well-defined timeframe, team velocity, and opportunities. This integration adapter has following list of benefits:
- Agile Planning
- Key Role in CI/CD
- Issue/ Change Management
- Project Metrics
- Kovair Azure Integration Adapter – The Kovair Azure adapter handles the entire deployment process (automatic provisioning of virtual machines for staging or production environments). The updates for the entire process is tracked in Omnibus platform for reporting and traceability. Additionally, this data can be re-routed to other desired tools through Omnibus. The adapter can also take command from Omnibus to perform an action in Azure like start, stop and/or restart deployment. This integration adapter has following list of benefits:
- Automates deployment of build files for automated testing through provisioning of Virtual Machines on Azure
- Executes software delivery best practices streamlining resource allocation and achieving continuous integration, continuous testing and continuous delivery.
- Perform an action in Azure like start, stop and/or restart deployment.
- Kovair Gerrit Integration Adapter – Whenever a developer commits a change to the SCM tool (source code repository), all changes are tracked for code review by Gerrit before they can be merged with main code branch. The Kovair Gerrit Integration Adapter pushes the code review results data to a centralized Omnibus integration platform in order to publish to other connected tools. This provides the project manager, a complete view of the code quality analysis report happening from his own preferred tool without going into the SCM system. This integration adapter has following list of benefits:
- Tracking changes
- Comment on lines of code
- Report issues
- Plan the future of their projects with other connected discussion tools.
- For further information, visit page: https://www.kovair.com/adapters/gerrit-integration/
- Kovair GitHub Integration Adapter – This adapter through its integration with the Omnibus platform allows synchronization and federation for each of the file versions and file version histories that are being created by the developers from time to time into GitHub. Users can view the details of the file and the actual code through the exposed federated link from within their own preferred connected tool environment. This integration adapter has following list of benefits:
- Collaborate and comment during the code review sessions.
- Track changes that have been made.
- Log issues and plan future projects.
- Complete traceability of Changes, Pull Requests, Files and File Versions with all related artifacts of other ALM tools.
- For further information, visit page: https://www.kovair.com/product-literature/kovair-integration-with-github/
Meta Data TrackingFor integration projects tracking changes in source & target tool is a tedious task. Often change in source or target tool Meta data will break the integration as those changes are not reflected in project configuration. Kovair validation service periodically checks, at user specified interval, every connected tool Meta data with the configuration. Any inconsistency in the Meta data is immediately notified to specified stakeholders. The sole responsibility of this Kovair Validator Windows Service is to check if the adapter configurations defined within the Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform is valid with the actual Meta data in source and target projects. For example, if an Entity or a Field used in the configuration for a registered tool project used in Active Registration is renamed or deleted from the source tool then the corresponding adapter registration(s) in Omnibus become(s) void. The service should detect this change and notify the concerned person(s) through email so that necessary actions will be taken in administration level.
The service is capable of detecting the following changes in registration metadata:
- Change in tool configuration parameters. (e.g. Tool URL changed, User credentials changed)
- Change in adapter connectivity. (e.g. Adapter Web Service URL changed)
- Change in registered project. (e.g. Registered project deleted / renamed)
- Change in registered user’s permission in registered project. (e.g. Access permission revoked)
- Change in mapped entity name.
- Change in mapped field attributes. This includes:
- 6.1. Change in field name.
- 6.2. Change in field type.
- 6.3. Change in field attribute such as Required, Read-only.
- Change in mapped lookup item name.
Easy Concurrent License
- U1 and U2 has not been mapped during user mapping. In this case two licenses will be consumed as they are treated as separate users.
- U1 and U2 has been mapped during user mapping. In this case only one license will be consumed as they are same users as defined in user mapping.
Extended Tool Dashboard
Fig: Azure Dashboard for Average Response Time
Fig: Jenkins Dashboard showing Test Execution Report for Staging and Production environments
Fig: Pivotal Tracker Dashboard showing Team Velocity Chart