Rational Quality Manager is a test application on the IBM Jazz platform. It is a web-based tool that offers comprehensive test planning, test construction, and test artifact management features throughout the development lifecycle.
Zephyr for JIRA is an inherent application that is in JIRA and carries quality test management abilities to any JIRA project. After Zephyr is used with JIRA, the test thus created can be viewed in any JIRA project, and executed immediately or as part of a testing cycle that may be linked to other issues.
Migration of IBM RQM test data to JIRA Zephyr will help the organization to use tests and work item data in Jira with help of Zephyr plugin. Through migration from RQM to JIRA Zephyr, an organization can seamlessly manage product development in a single tool. The engineers using Jira Zephyr will have clear visibility into the exact test status and real-time access to any bug tagged to the requirements along with traceability. The migration achieved through Kovair QuickSync ensures that all historical and current data are moved to the target system with full context.
Features & Benefits
- Migrate requirements, test, test steps and test run.
- Supports migration of attachment, comments and change history.
- Full Scope migration of data with relationships.
- It can migrate data from one project to one or many projects as well as many projects to one or many.
- Supports both custom and system fields for migration.
- Copies data from source to target rather than cut and paste.
Some Benefits of JIRA Zephyr
- JIRA Zephyr allows users to test right inside the JIRA. Testing is integrated into the project cycles and it enables an organization to track software quality and make empowered go/no-go decisions.
- Zephyr provides an easy-to-use dashboard that provides testing metrics on the testing activities throughout every project. Track rich test plan data as you execute tests to make discovered defects actionable.
- Take advantage of end-to-end traceability and quality for your stories and features.
- Create, view, and modify test steps and attachments for individual tests. Build test execution cycles, execute the tests, and link defects to specific tests.
Benefits of Using QuickSync
QuickSync offers cost-effective, easy-to-configure & use, and intuitive platform for mapping tools and migrating/merging/ syncing tool data. Now enjoy less downtime, less adoption time, and bulk data migration facility without errors or loss of any data. The on-screen monitoring of data flow, real-time reporting of metrics, and synchronization history gives you total control on the data migration process and results in 100% migration with zero failure.
- Codeless configuration for mapping the RQM projects, entities and fields to Jira Zephyr counterparts.
- Agent-based Migration to reduce overall migration time.
- Data Coverage – Can migrate test case, test result, test suits.
- Easy monitoring capabilities having an objective and subjective statistical view of the state of migration with reports and logs.
- No additional platform cost.
- Supports the Retry mechanism for any unsuccessful migration.
- Simple licensing based on the successful transactions across all configurations and all projects by any number of users.
- Support for attachment, links, comment and Change History migration.
- Migration of bulk data along with comments.
- Side-by-side comparison of post-migration data.
- Data sanity check option for migrated items.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 runtime
- Minimum screen resolution for QuickSync: 1366 x 768
- Minimum primary memory (RAM): 8 GB
- Tool Installation Space in HDD (Native): 500 MB
- Both RQM and Jira Zephyr must be accessible from the machine where QuickSync will be installed
- For Jira Zephyr; users from Project Administrator and development group are required for migration
- For RQM user; from Project Administrator group is required for migration
Sync and Migration Support Details
The following are the artifacts and the Associated attributes that are exposed from the Source and Target for rich data migration.
Test Case, Test Result, Test Suits
Test, Test Cycle, Test Execution
Kovair’s experience from various migration projects has been stated below:
- Rapid migration of data with maximum data availability to the business and no application downtime.
- No impact to applications on either side.
- Data integrity retained – business-oriented data transformation can be performed at a mouse click.
Following are the high-level phases: