Azure DevOps Server is a Microsoft product that provides reporting, requirements management, project management, automated builds, lab management, testing, and release management capabilities. Micro Focus ALM/QC is a software tool developed and marketed by Micro Focus primarily for managing development and testing. It includes modules for requirements management, test planning, and functional testing and defect management.
In the ALM domain, the choice of systems and the integration among the cross-functional teams play a great role. Micro Focus ALM/QC brings rich functionalities to the ecosystem in the area or test and defect management, but primarily it is an on-premise tool. Kovair being an integration and migration specialist is in this domain for decades, it helps organize and move seamlessly without any downtime. Kovair QuickSync is a flagship product for these kinds of migrations.
Features & Benefits
- Migrate Requirements, Test, Test Steps and Test Run.
- Supports migration of Attachment, comments and change history.
- Full Scope migration of data with relationships.
- Can migrate data from one project to one or many Projects as well as many projects to one or Many.
- Supports both custom and system fields for migration.
- Copies data from source to target rather than cut and paste.
Some Benefits of Azure DevOps
- With Azure DevOps; organizations can focus on what is important to them and their organization, delivering continuous value to the business while letting Microsoft worry about consistency, upgrades, and safety.
- With Azure DevOps, an organization can have the newest features accessible in a scalable, dependable and globally accessible hosted service.
- If an organization uses separate tools for test, defect, and requirements; then it can seamlessly move Azure DevOps and manage the same with complete traceability in a single tool.
Benefits of Using QuickSync
Kovair QuickSync offers cost-effective, easy-to-configure & use, and intuitive platform for mapping tools and migrating/merging/ syncing tool data. Now enjoy less downtime, less adoption time, and bulk data migration facility without errors or loss of any data. The on-screen monitoring of data flow, real-time reporting of metrics, and synchronization history give total control on the data migration process which results in 100% migration with zero failure.
- Codeless configuration for mapping the Micro Focus ALM/QC Projects, Entities and Fields to the Azure DevOps counterparts.
- Easy monitoring capabilities, having the objective and subjective statistical view of the state of migration with reports and logs.
- No additional platform cost.
- Supports the Retry mechanism for any unsuccessful migration.
- Simple licensing based on the successful transactions across all configurations and all projects by any number of users.
- Supports migration of bulk data along with comments.
- Side-by-side comparison of post-migration data.
- Data sanity check option for migrated items.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 runtime
- Minimum screen resolution for QuickSync: 1366 x 768
- Minimum primary memory (RAM): 8 GB
- Tool Installation Space in HDD (Native): 500 MB
- Both Micro Focus ALM/QC and Azure DevOps must be accessible from the machine where QuickSync will be installed
- For Micro Focus ALM/QC Client Add-on should be installed with proper required access rights
- For Azure DevOps user from Project Administrator group is required for migration
Sync and Migration Support Details
The following are the artifacts and the associated attributes; which are exposed to source and target for rich data migration.
|Micro Focus ALM/QC||Azure DevOps|
Kovair’s experience from various migration projects has been stated below:
- Rapid migration of data with maximum data availability to the business and no application downtime.
- No impact to applications on either side.
- Data integrity retained – business-oriented data transformation can be performed at a mouse click.