Azure DevOps Server is a Microsoft product that provides reporting, requirements management, project management, automated builds, lab management, testing, and release management capabilities.
Zephyr for JIRA is an inherent application that is in JIRA and brings quality test management abilities to any JIRA project. When Zephyr is applied with JIRA, the test can be created, viewed in any JIRA project, and performed immediately or as part of a testing cycle that may be connected to other issues.
Migration of Jira Zephyr test data to Azure DevOps as a work item provides a more centralized approach with a clear intention for agile. Through migration to Azure DevOps with JIRA Zephyr, an organization can seamlessly manage product development in a single tool. The engineers using Azure DevOps will have clear visibility into the exact test status and real-time access to any defects tagged to the requirements along with traceability. The migration achieved through Kovair QuickSync ensures that all historical and current data are moved to the target system with full context.
Features & Benefits
- Migrate Requirements, Test, Test Steps and Test Run.
- Supports migration of Attachment, comments and change history.
- Full Scope migration of data with relationships.
- Can migrate data from one project to one or many Projects as well as many projects to one or Many.
- Supports both custom and system fields for migration.
- Copies data from source to target rather than cut and paste.
Some Benefits of Azure DevOps
- With Azure DevOps Organizations can emphasize what is important to you and for your organization, delivering continuous value to the business while letting Microsoft worry about trustworthiness, upgrades, and safety.
- Azure DevOps can be used for a plan, execute and track scripted tests with actionable defects and end-to-end traceability. Assess quality throughout the development lifecycle by testing your desktop or web applications.
- Track rich test plan data as you perform tests to make exposed defects actionable.
- Verify your application by performing tests across desktop or web applications.
- Take benefit from end-to-end traceability and quality for your stories and features.
- Azure Pipelines is the perfect launchpad for your code – automating your builds and deployments so you spend less time with the nuts and bolts and more time being creative.
Benefits of Using QuickSync
Kovair QuickSync offers cost-effective, easy-to-configure & use, and intuitive platform for mapping tools and migrating/merging/ syncing tool data. Now enjoy less downtime, less adoption time, and bulk data migration facility without errors or loss of any data. The on-screen monitoring of data flow, real-time reporting of metrics, and synchronization history give total control on the data migration process which results in 100% migration with zero failure.
- Codeless configuration for mapping the Micro Focus ALM/QC projects, entities, and fields to the Azure DevOps counterparts.
- Easy monitoring capabilities, having the objective and subjective statistical view of the state of migration with reports and logs.
- No additional platform cost.
- Supports the Retry mechanism for any unsuccessful migration.
- Simple licensing based on the successful transactions across all configurations and all projects by any number of users.
- Supports migration of bulk data along with comments.
- Side-by-side comparison of post-migration data.
- Data sanity check option for migrated items.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 runtime
- Minimum screen resolution for QuickSync: 1366 x 768
- Minimum primary memory (RAM): 8 GB
- Tool Installation Space in HDD (Native): 500 MB
- Both Micro Focus ALM/QC and Azure DevOps must be accessible from the machine where QuickSync will be installed
- For Micro Focus ALM/QC Client Add-on should be installed with proper required access rights
- For Azure DevOps user from Project Administrator group is required for migration
Sync and Migration Support Details
The following are the artifacts and the associated attributes; which are exposed to source and target for rich data migration.
|Jira Zephyr||Azure DevOps|
Kovair’s experience from various migration projects has been stated below:
- Rapid migration of data with maximum data availability to the business and no application downtime.
- No impact to applications on either side.
- Data integrity retained – business-oriented data transformation can be performed at a mouse click.
Following are the high-level phases: