Team Foundation Server is a solution that does code sharing, software shipping, and work tracking. With its unified suite of tools, you can enjoy the collaborative software development and the cross-functional work on any given project size.
Jira is basically an issue and project tracking software; it is used by numerous agile teams. It is a favorite software development tool that enables every team member to plan, track, and release software. It encourages complete visibility; hence, teams can prioritize and discuss their activities in complete context.
The migration of TFS to Jira opens major access to use the simplicity and complete visibility of the JIRA tool. Through migration from TFS to JIRA, an organization can seamlessly take leverage of plan and forecast roadmap and make informed decisions. The engineers using Jira will have clear visibility using various reports like burn-down/up charts, sprint reports, velocity charts, and more, letting them see their team’s performance in real-time. The migration achieved through Kovair QuickSync ensures that all historical and current data are moved to the target system with full context.
Some Benefits of Jira
- Jira has customizable workflows that can fit any initiative or project. Users can start with a template or create a custom one.
- It has Kanban boards that provide teams with visibility into tasks and workflow, output and cycle times.
- The portfolio for Jira is a module that offers agile portfolio management in software.
- It allows users to strategies and forecast the roadmaps, helps to make up-to-date decisions, and keeps all the stakeholders updated.
- It promotes complete visibility, so teams can prioritize and discuss their work in full context.
- Software development turns out to be much simpler and easier along with other Atlassian tools like Confluence for knowledge management, Bitbucket for development workflow, Bamboo for continuous integration, Tempo Timesheets, Zephyr, and others.
Benefits of Using QuickSync
Kovair QuickSync offers cost-effective, easy-to-configure & use, and intuitive platform for mapping tools and migrating/merging/ syncing tool data. Now enjoy less downtime, less adoption time, and bulk data migration facility without errors or loss of any data. The on-screen monitoring of data flow, real-time reporting of metrics, and synchronization history gives you total control on the data migration process and results in 100% migration with zero failure.
- Codeless configuration for mapping the Rally projects, entities and fields to the Jira counterparts.
- Data coverage – Can migrate portfolio items, defects, user stories, and tasks.
- Easy monitoring capabilities having an objective and subjective statistical view of the state of migration with reports and logs.
- No additional platform cost.
- Supports the Retry mechanism for any unsuccessful migration.
- Simple licensing based on the successful transactions across all configurations and all projects by any number of users.
- Support attachment, links, comment and Change History migration.
- Migration of bulk data along with comments.
- Side-by-side comparison of post-migration data.
- Data sanity check option for migrated items.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 runtime
- Minimum screen resolution for QuickSync: 1366 x 768
- Minimum primary memory (RAM): 8 GB
- Tool Installation Space in HDD (Native): 500 MB
- Both TFS and JIRA must be accessible from the machine where QuickSync will be installed
- For Jira; user from Project Administrator and development group are required for migration
- For TFS; user from Project Administrator group is required for migration
Sync and Migration Support DetailsThe following are the artifacts and the associated attributes are exposed from the Source and Target for rich data migration.
Migration ExperiencesKovair’s experience from various migration projects has been stated below:
- Rapid migration of data with maximum data availability to the business and no application downtime.
- No impact to applications on either side.
- Data integrity retained – business-oriented data transformation can be performed at a mouse click.
Phases MigrationFollowing are the high-level phases:
Features of QuickSync
- Migrate Requirements, Test, Test Steps and Test Run.
- Supports migration of Attachment, comments and change history.
- Full Scope migration of data with relationships.
- Can migrate data from one project to one or many Projects as well as many projects to one or Many.
- Supports both custom and system fields for migration.
- Copies data from source to target rather than cut and paste.