Introducing Kovair Defect Management
Kovair helps automate defect escalation and resolution process across the development lifecycle, ensuring faster and quality release.
Download Kovair Defect Management brochure to get an overview of Kovair offeringsDownload White Papers
Key Highlights of Kovair Defect Management
- Test Specification for import / export of testing assets and artifacts from documents and tools or a combination of both.
- Built-In Task-Based Workflow Engine with visual drag-and-drop workflow designer to support workflows.
- Adapters and Extractors for integrating with other external testing tools.
- Configured Reports and dashboards for analysis of test results / status.
- End-to-End traceability ensuring visibility of functional tests and other relational coverages.
Live Product Demo with our Experts
We’ll support you all the wayRequest a Demo
Multiple ways to capture and manage defects
- Use Rich Text Editor for direct entry in Kovair
- Submit from your Corporate Website or Portal
- Send defect records via mail
- Import from Microsoft Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
- Import from a CSV file with configurable format
- Capture from other third-party tools via integration
- Add defects through Kovair Web APIs
- Create defects based on a failed test execution automatically
Make defect prioritization simpler and faster
Kovair helps in reviewing and prioritizing each defect against a set of business goals. Based on the assigned priorities, the process can automatically route defects in different paths to optimize how resources are used and accelerate resolution of certain high priority items. Users can also attach files and screenshots to defects, so that it becomes easier for the developers to understand what the issue is and resolve easily.
Automate defect tracking workflow
Kovair’s built-in visual task-based workflow engine simplifies task management across time zones by replacing manual task assignment with automatic handoff. You can automate defect review process flow before including them to a product roadmap. For instance, when a developer in Bangalore is finished with fixing an issue, the designated tester in Dublin gets automatically notified and assigned the next step of ensuring test case creation and testing.
Automate email notifications
Receive automated notifications whenever a defect is submitted or updated by any stakeholder. The effective communications among the team members help take prompt action on the defects as and when they are submitted in the defect tracking tool.
Integrate with the tools you already own
Synchronize defect records between testers and developers in real time. Using Kovair Omnibus integrations, you can sync and share defect items with other teams working on JIRA, Bugzilla, TFS, RTC or other developer tools through bidirectional integration.
Reflect updated defect status automatically in subsequent tools that you own. Developers view defect records from within their IDE, fix them and then give status updates that get immediately reflected to the testers repeating the test process.
Get 360 degree view of Defect trends
View defect distribution by status, priority, severity, age and other meaningful metrics. Kovair produces reports and various kinds of documents on defects. These include documents such as Release Notes as well as a fully formatted Word document including defects fixed in a Release.
- Issues submission, closure, reopen trends
- Burn Down Testing Charts
Distribution of Issues by Type, Criticality, Priority, Source or any other custom field
The reports can be generated by several different reporting engines that Kovair supports:
- HTML, enabling direct printing from the defects list page
- Export any lists to Excel for additional formatting and manipulation
- Word Reporting enables fully customizable formatting with multi-level data elements from Kovair
View Traceability links with defects for impact analysis
- Create logical links (depending, affecting, bi-directional) between Issues and view in several visualizing tools that Kovair offers. These include Folder Hierarchy Report of Requirements Traceability, Requirements Traceability Matrix, and Traceability Relation Network diagram.
- Allow multiple types of relations including custom ones between Issues such as dependency relation and duplicated relation.