Kovair 9.6 Release
Introduction to Release NotesKovair team is proud to announce the release of version 9.6 for all its products. The document throws a major light on some of the latest enhancements and the new features that have been added to all different products of Kovair in this version release.
Download: Kovair 9.6 Release Note
Platform and Browser SupportThis release supports the deployment of Kovair on Windows Server 2008 R2 and above. Release 9.6 applications can be accessed from latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox 54.0.1, and Internet Explorer 11.0.
Omnibus Service TrackerKovair Service Tracker is a Windows Service Performance Monitoring solution that will send automatic email notifications to users in response to a change of status of a Kovair Windows Service (example — Omnibus Engine Service). This new feature will help teams receive instant alerts and quickly fix problems whenever a Kovair Windows Service stops running permanently or temporarily. Other Functional Values
- Track status updates of more than one Windows service name.
- Send mail notifications to multiple recipients.
- Customize Mail Templates without needing any additional deployment.
Omnibus Health ReportPreviously, only Site Administrators had the permission to access the feature but from 9.6 onwards even workspace users can access the feature provided that the user has access to the workspace. The primary objective of this feature is to provide an analyzed report on the number of events that have been triggered and the number of actions that have been successfully generated from a workspace.
Kovair Adapter for New RelicKovair New Relic Integration adapter enables Kovair DevOps solution to capture application performance data to the central repository. With the help of Kovair New Relic integration adapter, the New Relic tool can be easily integrated with other ALM tools in an Omnibus ecosystem. As a result of the integration, data from New Relic can be traced and analyzed in Kovair or any analysis tool. The primary entities for which data can be traced or analyzed are — Applications, Application Instances, and Application Host.
HP ALM OctaneKovair adapter for HP ALM Octane helps to extend the capabilities of the ALM Octane tool to other ALM tools used in an integration setup, thereby providing comprehensive end-to-end control of the data flow and syncing capabilities from the source tool to the target tool. The primary entities for which event and action are supported are — Defect, Epic, Feature, User Story, Manual Test, Gherkin Test, Test Suite, Suite Run, Manual Run, Task.
Jenkins Blue OceanKovair adapter for Jenkins Blue Ocean is a new adapter designed based on the Blue Ocean pipeline feature. The integration adapter allows Jenkins to connect to Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform, thereby integrating with other ALM tools in the system. The integration offers a convenient way for managing Jenkins jobs and builds.
HCL AppscanKovair adapter for HCL Appscan integrates other ALM tools, thereby extending the tool’s security testing and security assurance capabilities throughout the different phases in an application development lifecycle. The integration will enable data related to Application, Issue, and Jobs to be tracked and monitored from within Kovair application or from within the environment of other tools that are integrated with HCL Appscan via Kovair Omnibus.
Azure DevOpsKovair adapter for Azure DevOps helps to achieve an integration scenario between Azure DevOps tool and other ALM tools, enabling teams to deliver software in a reliable, automated, secure, and compliant way. The adapter supports Many-to-Many data flow for the primary entities Bug, Epic, Feature, Issue, Task, Test Case, User Story. Apart from this, the other entities that are also exposed by the adapter are Custom Entity, Build, Build Definition, Release, Definition, Test Plan, Test Run, Steps, Shared Steps.
Kovair Cloud Adapter for Pivotal TrackerKovair adapter for Pivotal Tracker helps to achieve integration scenario between Pivotal Tracker and other ALM tools, enabling teams to flow and sync data records for primary artifacts like Epic, Stories, Tasks and Activities into the target tool.
Kovair Adapter for PolarionKovair adapter for Polarion enables the Polarion tool to be integrated with other ALM tools, thereby extending the tool’s application management capabilities across the integrated setup. The integration enables creation and modification of work item-related data to be easily flowed and synced from the source tool to the target tool. In addition, the adapter also supports reflow of work items from the Polarion tool that may not have reached the target tool but which already exists in Polarion.
Kovair Adapter for Git 2.18Kovair adapter for Git helps to achieve an integration scenario between Git and other ALM tools for continuous build automation and consolidated reporting. Users using only Git as an Enterprise SCM tool can use the integration to track and get the complete traceability. When one pushes a change to GitHub site—whether via Git command line, desktop apps, or GitHub.com—adapter tracks all the changes and pushes the data to the bus to publish to the other tools. It can also initiate automatic build using the integration bus. This provides the manager a complete view of the changes happening without going into the SCM system. Software development organizations can benefit from the integration by tracking changes, comment on lines of code, report issues, and plan the future of their projects with other connected discussion tools.
Kovair Adapter for GitHub Latest SaaSKovair adapter for GitHub supports both synchronization and federation of data. The users can use this functionality to expose the federated link for each of the file versions and file version histories that are being created by the developers and uploaded into GitHub repository. The users can view the details of the file and the actual code through the exposed federated link from within their own tool’s environment, that are connected to the same Omnibus Platform through their corresponding integration adapters.
Kovair Adapter for Enterprise Architect 14Kovair adapter for Enterprise Architect integrates Enterprise Architect with other ALM and ITSM tools by exposing the Packages, Models, Elements and the relationships among them to Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform. This enables the tool artifacts—Requirement, Object, Actor, Diagram Model, Artifact, Baseline, Use Case—to be synchronized to any tool connected to the Omnibus platform through the adapter. The integration also enables end-to-end traceability to be maintained over time using a continuous synchronization process. As a result, updates made in connected tools can be reflected in EA.
Kovair Adapter for Outlook 365Kovair adapter for Microsoft Outlook 365 allows the Microsoft Outlook 365 tool to be integrated with other ALM tools in the system. Once the tools are integrated and mapped via the adapter and Kovair Omnibus, data related to Requirements, Change Request, Defect, Task, Contact can be easily moved and synced from the both the source tool and the target tool.
Kovair Adapter for SharePoint 2016Kovair adapter for SharePoint allows tracking and processing of a variety of artifacts being stored and shared in SharePoint, facilitating greater collaboration and enabling better visibility of artifacts maintained in SharePoint. The adapter exposes Documents, Lists (custom defined), Contacts, Announcements, Tasks and Issues as entities from SharePoint and enables them to be actively tracked and managed in the Kovair application. Kovair SharePoint Integration Adapter maintains a queue of local events, triggered from SharePoint, and then forwards them to the Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform for processing. It also allows different tools, connected to Kovair Omnibus, to trigger actions with the exposed entities, including creation and modification of these items in SharePoint.
Kovair Adapter for Remedy 9.1‘Kovair Remedy Integration Adapter’ integrates BMC Remedy with Kovair Omnibus platform. The integration is aligned to Release, Incident and Problem. Incident or Problem Management is reactive and is typically initiated in response to a customer call or an automated event. The adapter automatically handles essential Remedy data in the background and updates the Omnibus platform. The Omnibus platform can route those events to other tools hooked in the ecosystem. Omnibus integration supports bi-directional synchronization of data which includes attributes of artifacts, attachments and work log.
OSLC Provider for RQM 6.0.6Kovair has recently introduced the OLSC provider for RQM 6.0.6. This allows to build OSLC based linking between RQM and Non-OSLC tools where the Non-OSLC tool act as a provider.
Kovair Adapter for RDNG 6.0.6Kovair has recently upgraded it RDNG (IBM Rational Doors Next Generation) Adapter to support bi-directional synchronization of RDNG artifacts like Requirement, Module, diagram etc. Diagram exposed as an attachment.
Kovair Data Lake
Extractor for RTCKovair RTC Data Lake Extractor is a Windows-based service built on .Net framework and uses Published recommended REST API to fetch data from RTC tool. With Kovair RTC Data Lake extractor, Work Item records from individual or multiple RTC instance projects—Defect, Task, Risk, Portfolio Epic, Value Stream Epic, Capability, Learning Milestone, PI Objective, Retrospective, Custom Entity—can be extracted and then stored in AS IS format. This will help the teams to extract the data from Data Lake as per the business need and then perform detail analysis.
Extractor for RQMThe Kovair RQM Data Lake Extractor is a Windows-based service built on .Net framework and uses Published recommended REST API to fetch data from the RQM tool. Using Kovair RQM Data Lake extractor, entity records from individual or multiple RQM instance projects — such as Test Plan, Test Suite, Test Case, Test Script, Step, Test Result, Result Step, Build — can be extracted and then stored in AS IS format. This will help the teams to put the extracted data to use for business purpose and performing detail analysis.
Customizable Menu at Site Setup LevelGlobal entities created at the Site Setup Level follow a default order of arrangement in the navigation menu panel. From 9.6 onwards, users can customize the order of arrangement in how global entities are displayed at the Site Setup Level by configuring the menu items from the Menu Definition Configuration page.
Extended Support to Add / Modify / Delete Requirements up to Word Add-In Wizard LevelPrior to 9.6, the feature was available to users when records were imported by creating a Word template. From 9.6, the support has been extended to the Word Add-in Wizard level, which will add/modify/delete the requirement as per the changes made in the imported word document.
Exposing Workspace as Entity at PPM LevelFrom 9.6 onwards, entities created at Site Setup level can be linked to entities created at Workspace level. This enables field data from workspace level to be rolled up at Site Level, thereby providing Admins with a broad scope of information.
Entity Search Capability during Relation Field CreationUsing the entity search capability, any valid user can directly type in text the entity name inside the search box to search for the desired entity from the ‘Relate To’ dropdown during a Relation field creation. Based on the text entered in the search box, the application will start retrieving the nearest possible entity names that alphabetically match the query text.
Related Items in Relation Section to Open in Edit ModeIn 9.6, all related items in the relation section will open in edit mode. This edit button will only appear till the second level. The purpose of this enhancement is to enable users to quickly modify related items in a nested relation.
Predefined ReportsKovair ALM 9.6 introduces out-of-the-box report templates that target specific criteria for ‘Releases’, ‘Builds’, ‘Sprints (Iterations)’, and ‘User Stories’ along with the desired overview. Below is a list of predefined reports: Kanban
- Cycle Time ControlThe chart can be plotted to track metrics for cards based on Cycle Time. The chart plot points indicate the total cycle time of all the cards with respect to a given date for the active board that have metrics above, within, below and beyond control limits with in a particular date range as configured. The metrics considered here are Upper Control Limit, Mean and Lower Control Limit.
- Cycle Time DistributionGives a graphical representation of the number of cards with respect to the cycle time also denoting the ones within the control limit and ones above the upper control limit.
- Cumulative Flow DiagramProvides a graphical representation of how cards are moving through various statuses on the way to being ‘Completed showing us the total scope of a board, grouped by status, and thus lets us know how much of that scope is in a particular status at a given time. The CFD in Kovair Kanban Report helps to track the performance of the board and how close you are to completing the board. It generates the area distribution of cards (by number) in each column at a moment (by days, week, month, and a quarter) along a particular date range as configured in reports section.
- Blocking AnalysisThe Blocking Analysis view helps you to analyze the most common cards blocked. The analysis helps you to take corrective measures to address the reasons behind the cards being blocked. It gives a graphical representation of the time lost to the respective cards on blocking in days with in the particular time range as configured.
- Sprint BurndownThe Sprint Burndown Chart is a visual measurement tool that shows the completed work per day against the projected rate of completion for the current sprint. It provides transparency about the current performance (burndown rate) and allows easy estimation if the Sprint Goal can be reached in time or if the team must find additional measures to speed-up completion of the remaining activities. The rate of progress of a Scrum Team is called “velocity”. It expresses the amount of work in story points completed per sprint.
- Release RoadmapA release roadmap highlights new improvements, features and bug fixes that are launching in your upcoming release cycles. Release roadmaps typically span between three to six months but can also be organized into shorter sprints. You can also pivot a release roadmap across teams like development, QA and product marketing to ensure inter-departmental alignment around your release.
- Risk MatrixA Risk Matrix report is a simple mechanism that helps to detect the visibility of risks and assist in management decision making. This type of matrix is generally used during risk assessment to define the level of risk by considering the category of probability or likelihood against the category of consequence severity.
- Throughput ChartThroughput Chart shows the number of work items that have been accepted over a period. If the report considers defects, then defects having associated user stories and standalone defects both will be considered in the graph.
- Build Health by IterationThe Build Health by Iteration report represents software builds with respect to all or selected iteration (referred to as Sprints in Kovair) in a given release. Through the report, users can categorize the number of builds that have been successfully completed, failed or have not yet been unheard of.