The integration of Jira with GitHub and Jenkins ensures that the project management team is in complete control over the codes being committed in the GitHub repository. It also offers complete traceability for all work items in Jira making it easier for enterprises to fulfill compliance requirements.
What’s in it?
Kovair Omnibus integrates Jira with GitHub and Jenkins bi-directionally. A complete list of details related to a commit made against a work-item in Jira can be tracked from inside Jira itself. The details include information such as ‘the person who did the commit’, ‘the time of the commit’, and ‘the part of the code that was committed’. The integration of Jenkins also ensures the elimination of the developer’s effort to close Jira’s work item by automating the state transition on GitHub commit.
- Each commit can be traced back to its respective work item at any point of time from inside GitHub
- Mandatory checks can be incorporated while making a commit – this ensures high success rates for commits
- Complete traceability from Jira to source code in GitHub
- Clear insight into the volume and quality of commits and trends
- Minimal manual effort required to track the completion of a task
- Reference Documents:
- GitHub Datasheet
- JIRA Datasheet