The integration of TCS Jile with ServiceNow IT Service Management helps enterprises closely couple the product management/development and customer service teams. Escalating helpdesk tickets to internal engineering teams and following up on the progress is tedious and challenging unless the teams are collaborating in a real-time manner. With Omnibus in place, the solution achieves visibility beyond the teams. From an organizational perspective, the product delivery process becomes seamless and lot more efficient with a good flow of value.
Kovair Omnibus platform connects the dots between Jile and ServiceNow bidirectionally. It syncs key artifacts like Incidents, Change Requests, Enhancements with Work Items, Stories, Features under different programs or themes as per business requirements in Jile. All items along with their attachments and relationships get synchronized in a real-time manner. Based on the assignment of the ticket in ServiceNow, teams get assigned in JILE.
Live Business Case achieved
The following use case elaborates how Kovair Omnibus brings the Product and Help Desk teams together to share data for faster resolution of items, thus satisfying the customer efficiently.
- Live “Incidents” are submitted in ServiceNow by customers.
- The Incident couldn’t be resolved by the Help Desk team, so they need to involve the L3 team who uses Jile as an Agile Management tool.
- Next, the Help Desk team assigns the ‘Incident’ to the Kanban team from ServiceNow.
- In Jile, the developer is assigned to the ‘Work Item’ (type: Incident) and the status is updated to ‘Assigned’.
- When the developer starts working on it, the status is changed to ‘In Progress’. Automatically the status of the Incident gets modified to ‘In Progress’ in ServiceNow through Omnibus.
- Once the development is complete, the status is marked as ‘Resolved’ in Jile. The status gets updated in ServiceNow as ‘Resolved’ through Omnibus.
- L1 team in ServiceNow checks the Incident developed by the L3 team & upon successful verification, the Incident is marked as ‘Closed’ in ServiceNow.
Benefits of the Integration
Following are the business level values benefits that can be achieved through this integration
- For ServiceNow users
- Traceability of Work Item across tools from ServiceNow to Jile.
- Visibility into the Incident progress of development work.
- No manual dependency on data communication across tools for making correct decisions
- For Jile users
- 360-degree traceability for customer Tickets from incident recording to delivery.
- Real-time visibility of customer tickets and their priorities.
- Trace the customer tickets/requests across the delivery chain.
- Track and improve customer service experience throughout the delivery chain.