The meaning of tool integration
In today’s world, proper communication is the backbone of any developed organization. Then how could the software industry be left behind? To put it simply; tool integration is explained as a method of taking advantage of the variety in automated assurance tool capabilities. It is the system of communication of tools and exchange data. It is available within the same class of tools and the integration of the various classes of tools.
The idea about tool integration is not as simple as it seems, the integration happens between tools that are made by various vendors. Each tool is specifically designed to address different issues. The focus is to emphasize a specific part of the overall issue; two different tools are used for generating test cases and architectural design. However, the users of these tools expect them to come together and work in unison to support the specific design and the development as per the user. Thus, tool integration intends to create complete environments to support the entire SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
The five types of integration issues are:
- Platform integration
- Presentation integration
- Process integration
- Control integration
- Data integration
The biggest challenge for any software team is to work with proper communication within the production line and teams. However sophisticated tools they may use, if there is no proper communication then they will be working, developing, testing in silos and that will eventually end up into more disaster than productive work. Most of the software companies work on tight deadlines and cannot afford to have these loose ends lying around.
So, they usually try to get a tool integration system on board to help them sync their applications and make work more systematic. One of the integration tools is Kovair Omnibus.
What is Kovair Omnibus?
The Kovair Omnibus is an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) platform that seamlessly connects applications and data using SOA Architecture.
It is an integration tool that can connect 100+ applications to help you create an integrated and industrious development environment to unite teams to increase cross-tool productivity for a better business output and ROI.
Tool integration with Kovair Omnibus
Kovair Omnibus suite consists of a wide range of integration of tools of various technologies from all phases of the Application Lifecycle Management, DevOps and migration. Some of the important tool integration by Kovair Omnibus are:
- Requirements management tools integrations – It helps in integrating the requirement management teams with other teams, this helps in getting a proper insight on the user stories and connect to other tools like delivery, testing, development, and operations.
- IDE and Code Analysis tools integrations – It can help to get access to various ALM tools such as requirements, tasks, test cases and defects without leaving the preferred IDE (Integrated Development Environment) and you can analyze the code quality directly from the application itself before check-in.
- Configuration and source code management tools integrations – It syncs source codes management system with other ALM tools. It manages entities like requirements, tests, defects and change requests in a collaborative form.
- Build management tools integrations – It integrates build with other software management t tools across various applications. It creates a synchronized environment for automation of the build process that facilitates Continuous Integration (CI) and implementation of DevOps.
- Test management tools integrations – It integrates the test management tools’ data with requirements, defects and releases tracking system along various teams to ensure accelerated quality and delivery.
- Defect management tools integrations – It connects the defect tracking system with other project management tools that allow detecting defects early in the life cycle escalating defect resolution automatically with providing real-time updates.
- IT service management tools integrations – It synchronizes ITSM (IT Service Management) tools with the delivery and development tools. It engages in real-time teamwork with developers and improves the operations of ‘Help Desk’ by providing continuous updates to the customers.
- Project and portfolio management tools integrations – It enables us to connect Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tools with other life cycle management tools and help to gain complete visibility of the PPM tools through integration from other development tools.
- Agile project management tools integrations – It executes the Agile project plans with regular tracking of daily activities progressive performance. It can integrate project planning tools with the rest of the software life cycle tools seamlessly. Progress.
Benefits of Kovair Omnibus
There are numerous business benefits of Kovair Omnibus, some of the important benefits are:
- It is flexible to customize the syncing and linking procedure based on the requirements of the customer.
- There are options to plug in and plug out adapters into the ecosystem as per the requirement, hence it is adaptable to the demands of the customers.
- It provides a full web-based drag and drop interface that a customer can access in a standard browser, making it easily configurable as per the requirements of the customer.
- It can control the integration of data flow by the central orchestration mechanism; hence the customer can regulate and control the data flow as per the requirement.
- It can do integrity checking at its various tires to aid better synchronization enabling the customer to keep a check on the issues. If there is an issue it can be resolved by re sync mechanism.
Kovair Omnibus is a one-stop solution for your tool integration challenges. When a company has a well-equipped tool integration solution at hand it can concentrate on other issues and development of the production pipeline. The work through tool integration becomes more streamlined and helps to build a sound base for all-rounded success.