With the speedy growth of technology, the demand for increased productivity has become mandatory in the market. Both the Internal and the Customer facing teams need to work together in a well-defined manner in order to ensure a bug free product delivery.
This is why BMC Remedyforce is a widely used tool among Service Desk folks. When integrated with Kovair Omnibus, BMC Remedyforce can pave the way for organizations to increase productivity. This can only happen when you build an adapter that acts as a connector for integrating other tools with Remedyforce.
Let us delve deep down into the details and gain some knowledge on how we have integrated Remedyforce with Kovair Omnibus. The added perk — about the value propositions that an organization can achieve through this type of integration will be discussed
Remedyforce: what the tool is all about
Remedyforce is an efficient tool for Incident Management Teams and is mainly used by customer facing teams like customer helpdesk. But apart from the customer facing team, an organization will also have other dedicated teams working independently and Remedyforce tool might not be used by them. Teams like the internal developers would be using some other tools like JIRA, Rally, Kovair, etc.
Have you ever wondered?
- How will the developers coordinate with the Customer Helpdesk folks based on the ongoing activities of the latter?
- What about the status and updates of the tickets that are raised and then worked upon? How are the customers going to be notified?
- What about the prominent delays faced by both the Developers and the Incident Managers when it comes to tracking the progress of each of the work items?
All these queries can be answered only when integration comes in place!
Kovair Omnibus has introduced an adapter for BMC Remedyforce that allows seamless integration tool system of data between Remedyforce and other tools. Acting as a boon, it can bridge all the disconnects that can crop up when teams operate in silos.
Find interesting? Keen to know the details how this can be implemented in a real-life scenario? Let me help you visualize a practical scenario.
Integrating with Remedyforce — A practical scenario
The following use case depicts a simple bi-directional synchronization between the tools BMC Remedyforce and Atlassian JIRA.
Let us assume that in an organization, the Customer team and the Operations team use Remedyforce, and the Developers team works with Jira.
- A Customer submits an Incident in Remedyforce.
- With respect to the incident, the Helpdesk team member analyzes the Incident and creates a Change Request.
- Using Kovair Omnibus, the Change Request is then automatically synced to Jira as a User Story.
- The Development team reviews the User Story and starts working on it. The Status is updated to In Progress.
- The Defect status is automatically updated to Remedyforce Change Request status. This is notified to the Helpdesk team so that they can be aware that the internal team has accepted the CR and has started working on it.
- They can immediately update the status of the linked Incident with some comments so that the Customer is notified about his Ticket being addressed by the Development team
- Post implementation, the Development team updates the status of the User Story in Jira to “Resolved.”
- The status of the Change Request is accordingly updated in Remedyforce using Kovair Omnibus.
- The Helpdesk team updates the linked Incident status. Based on the delivery from the internal Delivery team, the Helpdesk team in turn delivers it to the customer.
- The customer deploys the delivery on his server and finds it to be implemented.
- Once the customer notifies, the HelpDesk team closes the Incident.
Benefits of Omnibus integrating with Remedyforce
- Integration with Remedyforce using Omnibus requires configuration not customization: thus, integration with any other ALM tools is just a matter of few clicks.
- Incident Management processes are often confusing. Moreover, when teams use various Service desk tools, the data needs to be in sync with all of them. Kovair Omnibus helps to keep all the tools interconnected.
- With Kovair Omnibus in place, we can break the barriers and create a complete collaborative platform and wider transparency of data across teams. Developers can get a better visibility of the incoming requirements. On the other hand, the Support team too can have a better visibility on the progress of the development activities. Thus, Kovair Omnibus helps to achieve the convergence of ALM-ITSM domains in real time.
- In order to integrate Remedyforce with other development or ITSM tools, Kovair Omnibus provides a codeless configuration platform. With the help of simple mouse clicks, you have the provision to configure any integration scenarios.
- With tool integration, comes efficiency and eradication of time lags. Kovair Omnibus enables synchronization of Incidents, Tasks, Problems, Change Requests, and Release artifacts from Remedyforce to other tools and vice versa.
Now that the basics are clear to you…let’s get started!
Experience the benefits real-life!
Get a seamless integration, with codeless mouse-click configurations and get your tools used across teams automated. Break the silos, increase transparency, remove unnecessary time lags, bring your teams together, and enhance productivity, which in turn will definitely lead to faster marketing!
Proceed to implement your scenario. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!