What is Kovair Security as a Service?
Kovair is a software development tools and services company that offers Kovair Security as a Service (KSaaS) to help organizations secure their software development lifecycle (SDLC). KSaaS provides a range of security services that are customized to an organization’s unique requirements while considering existing resources, business profiles, and challenges. In this article, we will explore the features and benefits of KSaaS.
KSaaS offers DevSecOps consulting to integrate security into DevOps processes. The service provides continuous security throughout the software development lifecycle, helps organizations build secure coding practices, automates security testing, and integrates security into CI/CD pipelines. KSaaS assesses the current security posture, identifies gaps, and develops a roadmap to achieve desired DevSecOps outcomes to deliver secure software at speed while maintaining compliance and reducing risk.
KSaaS’s threat modeling service evaluates potential threats by examining each application environment from an architectural and user perspective. It creates custom models to identify threats specific to the environment and the data it handles and estimates the likelihood of a threat acting against systems or data. The service identifies architecture flaws early in the development process, saving time and preventing issues later and drives further testing to validate the effectiveness of application security controls.
Kovair Security as a Service
Application and Digital Risk Monitoring
KSaaS’s application and digital risk monitoring services assess the type of application data out there and identify attacks, breached material, credentials, intellectual property, social media, monitoring, and brand infringement by harvesting data available on the visible, dark, and deep web. Kovair’s state-of-the-art Extended Detection and Response Management – 24/7 XDRM Services monitor the entire web to detect application-related risks, alert, investigate, and even take down the offending content. The analyst team monitors organizational applications and digital asset logs in real time and provides incident response support with a mitigation strategy.
Application Development Lifecycle Security
KSaaS’s application development lifecycle security services include internal vulnerability assessment and penetration testing, external vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing. The service offers on-prem or cloud security architecture review and data flow analysis on the application production environment and provides recommendations. It offers data-centric security posture management assessment and remediation support.
Application Production Hosting Security
KSaaS’s application production hosting security services include source code review on first-party and third-party, API security assessments, and external security assessment on the application, including black-box testing. The service provides recommendations and remediation support, supports creating security policies, guides developers and operators to understand security requirements and best practices to deliver secure codes, and serves as an advisor. It bridges resource gaps with a team of security experts by providing extended application security resourcing support and training.
Application Systems and Infrastructure Hardening
KSaaS’s attack surface analysis and threat modeling service chalk out the mitigation strategy in the short-term, mid-term, or long-term. Examples of such mitigation include hardening the application stack through different means on the hosting infra. It includes hardening of web application firewall, hosting servers, and traffic between distributed layers. It includes identity assessment management, anti-DDOS, and any other tailor-made solution.
DevSecOps Platform and Services
Kovair’s DevSecOps platform and services offer digital risk monitoring services, including dark web monitoring, brand reputation monitoring, attack surface monitoring, and cloud security posture review (CSPR). The service provides comprehensive visibility of all cloud assets, configurations, and applications, ensuring clear visibility for security teams. It helps detect cybersecurity risks in real-time, such as misconfigured public S3 buckets, inadequate encryption, and incorrect account permissions. The service performs continuous compliance monitoring against various regulatory frameworks and recognized security standards like GDPR, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOC 2, ISO 27001, and NIST CSF, helping organizations to stay compliant with applicable regulations.
Compliance as a Service: How to Ensure your Business Stays Secure
In today’s fast-paced digital world, businesses need to keep up with the latest security measures to protect themselves from cyber threats. Compliance as a Service (CaaS) is a valuable solution that can help businesses stay compliant with industry standards and regulations, while also safeguarding their digital assets. In this article, we’ll dive into the various steps involved in CaaS.
- Planning – The first step in CaaS is to create a detailed project plan, charter, and reporting process that outlines the roles and responsibilities for implementation. To achieve this, a thorough understanding of the organization’s business and IT security operations is essential.
- Gap Assessment – Gap assessment involves a fact-finding process that compares an organization’s security posture to industry standards and frameworks. This process provides valuable information and suggestions for necessary controls to remedy any gaps that might exist.
- Design and Document – The next step is to develop an appropriate information security governance program, which considers the many layers of stakeholders involved in the organization’s security. This program includes developing policies, procedures, and internal reviews to maintain a compliance-ready security posture for the organization. To ensure that all policies are followed and implemented within the organization, evaluations will be conducted to classify threats into various risk levels.
- Internal Audit – Before submitting the organization for audit, independent consultants will perform a comprehensive pre-certification audit to ensure that there are no surprises during the official certification process. This step is crucial in identifying and addressing any potential gaps in compliance.
- Attestation/Certification – Assistance will be provided to complete the attestation/certification process, which requires a detailed understanding of documentation needs and validation of implementation. This final step ensures that the organization meets all the necessary compliance requirements and is ready to operate securely in a highly regulated environment.
In conclusion, Kovair Security as a Service provides a comprehensive suite of security services to help organizations secure their software development lifecycle. The service offers DevSecOps consulting, threat modeling, application and digital risk monitoring, application development lifecycle security, application production hosting security, and attack surface analysis and threat modeling. Additionally, Kovair’s DevSecOps platform and services offer cloud security posture review and compliance monitoring against various regulatory frameworks. The Compliance as a Service solution provides a step-by-step process to ensure an organization’s compliance with industry standards and regulations. With these services, businesses can safeguard their digital assets, maintain compliance, and reduce risks in today’s fast-paced digital world.