What is Kovair DevOps?
Kovair DevOps is a cross-platform task-based pipeline catering to the needs of an organization for reducing time to market. Kovair DevOps is not just a tool for any one component of DevOps like CI, CD, CT & Continuous Deployment but is a holistic package that ensures a smooth and successful DevOps journey for an organization.
Kovair DevOps also offers an enterprise-class mouse click configurable pipeline for the orchestration of the automation of the pipelines. Kovair DevOps provides a simple, safe, and secure way for DevOps teams across all industries and maturities to accelerate the building and testing of software artifacts.
What Value does Kovair Boomi Plug-in bring to Boomi users?
The goal of the Kovair DevOps integration is to automate all four steps seamlessly from the Kovair DevOps pipeline. These provide the Boomi users a more structured approach to publishing their flow maintain the Project Level access and control over the execution of the publication.
Since Kovair DevOps has Releases and Projects, Boomi execution-related reports with Manual approval can be achieved. This provides better overall control over security, auditing, and monitoring through the Kovair DevOps platform which is not possible otherwise by any open-source external CI/CD tools today.
Kovair DevOps Plug-in Functionality Details for Boomi Users
Typically for a Boomi flow, there are four standard steps that any Boomi Publisher performs to bring the associated components into production using Boomi Atoms, refer to Fig 1.0. The primary steps are…
- Packaging Component
This operation packages any Boomi component, that will be deployed to the Staging / Production environment.
- Deploy the Component in the desired environment
Deploy any packaged Boomi component to the Staging /Production environment in the Boomi platform.
- Execute the component in the desired environment like Staging.
Execute the Boomi component in the test/production environment.
- Promote the components to production
This operation helps users to deploy tested components to the production environment.
Benefits of using Kovair DevOps for Boomi customers instead of open-source Automation
Following are the immediate benefits that a Boomi user obtains
- Many organizations use open-source solutions, but the cost required to maintain them often makes them cost inefficient. Kovair DevOps, on the other hand, incorporates configurable pipelines with minimal maintenance overhead.
- This Plugin helps Boomi users to automate the Boomi Component build and deployment process. Thus, through Kovair Pipeline repetitive Jobs can be executed with mouse clicks.
- Kovair DevOps supports Project and Release based access. Therefore, multiple groups can manage their Boomi components in silos without any interference with or from other projects.
- Kovair Email notification system helps Boomi users monitor Boomi flow deployment status thus avoiding going inside the Boomi platform for status.
- Kovair Email Trigger service capability enables users to execute Boomi deployment instantly from any Email device, thus enabling engineers to trigger releases remotely from wherever they may be and at any hour of the day.
- Boomi Users can keep the Boomi Component source code in an SCM tool like GitHub. Thus, it helps them to keep the change history of a Component. Based on the requirement, one can roll back the Boomi component source code saved in SCM for future deployment.
Kovair, one of the early providers of the Omnibus ESB and other integrations, partnering with Boomi – the world’s leading systems integrations solutions provider and technology innovators, brings great value to Boomi customers for improving time to market by automating the DevOps flow and deployment to production. Boomi users opting for Kovair DevOps as an automation platform for deployment will have additional mileage in terms of delivery frequency and an improved planned approach.