Deployment Automation for Boomi Customers with Kovair DevOps
In today’s digital world, organizations need to be effectively agile to meet the ever-changing market needs and consumer demands. While business innovation is largely driven by software in this digital age, it is important for enterprises to ensure a quick and stable release of solutions to win, serve and satisfy customers.
This use case provides a detailed insight into Kovair DevOps integration plug-in with Boomi flow for various underlying development, build, and delivery stages for software applications.
What is Kovair DevOps providing Boomi customers?
The goal of Kovair DevOps integration with Boomi is to automate all four steps seamlessly through the Kovair DevOps pipeline. Currently, Boomi does not offer any out-of-the-box automation solution for deployment. The Kovair DevOps plug-in provides Boomi users with a more structured approach to publishing their flow to maintain the Project Level access and control over the execution of the pipeline. Please refer to Fig 1.0
Automation Solution from Kovair for Boomi Flow Users
Typically for a Boomi flow, there are four standard steps that any Boomi Publisher performs to bring the associated components into production using Boomi Atoms, The primary Automation areas.
- Packaging Component: This operation packages any Boomi component, that will be deployed to the Staging / Production environment.
- Deploy the Component in the desired environment: Deploy any packaged Boomi component to the Staging /Production environment in the Boomi platform.
- Execute the component in the desired environment like Staging: Execute the Boomi component in the test/production environment.
- Promote the components to production: This operation helps users to deploy tested components to the production environment.
Please refer to Figure 2.0 below
While the Boomi deployment pipeline is an effective pattern for getting components from development to release, mapping an automated deployment pipeline across an entire enterprise can be challenging. Boomi tends to start the journey by taking a more incremental approach, starting with the development and building processes that deploy components to the Boomi Production cloud.
Since Kovair DevOps has Releases and Projects, Boomi execution-related reports with Manual approval can be achieved. This provides better overall control over security, auditing, and monitoring through the Kovair DevOps platform which is not possible otherwise by any open-source external CI/CD tools today which Boomi currently relies on. Refer to Fig 3.0 for some of the overall summary metrics
Key Values provided By Kovair DevOps to Boomi
Following are the immediate benefits that a Boomi user obtains
- Currently, Boomi does not provide an automated pipeline to deploy their component automatically. Thus, Boomi users need to perform the deployment manually without any automation. Kovair DevOps plug-in alleviates this manual process.
- Many organizations use open-source solutions, but the cost required to maintain them often makes them cost inefficient. Kovair DevOps, on the other hand, incorporates configurable pipelines with minimal maintenance overhead.
- This plug-in helps Boomi users to automate the Boomi Component build and deployment process. Thus, through Kovair Pipeline repetitive Jobs can be executed with mouse clicks.
- Kovair DevOps supports Project and Release based access. Therefore, multiple groups can manage their Boomi components in silos without any interference with or from other projects.
- Kovair Email notification system helps Boomi users monitor Boomi flow deployment status thus avoiding entry inside the Boomi platform for status.
This Use Case for the Kovair Boomi plug-in presents the automation executed by Kovair using its DevOps Platform along with Boomi technical team to achieve the closed loop deep integration. Additionally, the detailed information on DevOps implementation provided in this use case shows that Kovair DevOps provides agility, automation, and reduced time to production for a very large customer base of Boomi. Boomi users opting for Kovair DevOps as an automation platform for deployment will have additional mileage in terms of delivery frequency and a secured planned approach.