By: Akshay Sharma, CTO Kovair Software, and Amit Dasgupta, Director Solutions, Partnerships, Major Accounts; Kovair Software Inc.
The adoption of value stream management platforms is especially needed in DevOps environments. According to Gartner, “Organizations lack end-to-end visibility into product delivery and struggle to improve their flow of value. I&O leaders, together with application leaders, must implement a DevOps value stream management platform and analyze value stream metrics to optimize the overall health of product delivery.”.
If you are interested in the evolution of DevOps with VSMP toolchains, then please read the Gartner report, Market Guide for DevOps Value Stream Management Platforms, where Gartner analysts explain the role and significance of value stream management platforms in relation to DevOps where the types of platform vendors are highlighted that enable organizations to evolve their use of DevOps toolchains into value streams.
Gartner recommends that product and platform teams use VSMPs to:
- Provide end-to-end visibility and insight into their product delivery.
- Assess the performance, quality and value of their products, including development costs and ROI.
- Evaluate the maturity of their existing product delivery capabilities and identify constraints to flow and gaps in insights for stakeholders.
- Provide customized dashboards and views of product delivery for other stakeholders and leadership.
- Gain a consolidated view of governance, security and compliance across all product lines.
- Leverage advanced capabilities, such as change risk analytics, to make more informed decisions about releasing new features.
Kovair – The True Value Stream Management Platform
Kovair with its suite of products offers a complete Value Stream Management Platform – VSMP.
Kovair’s VSMP Toolchain addresses the need for unified visibility, orchestration, integration, governance and management of the ALM and DevOps value stream to improve flow and traceability, with process compliance, and end-to-end product lifecycle management.
Kovair DevOps fills in one major piece of the VSMP offering, uniquely from Kovair. Kovair DevOps with its capabilities not only bridges the gap between Operations and Internal engineering teams but also automates the entire process from code check-in to deployment through a concurrent task-based CI/CD pipeline. It provides a real-time insight to improve delivery velocity, helps identify and eliminate bottlenecks, and delivers with lower deployment costs. It enables DevOps over a Concurrent Multimodal Development Environment with the choice of their best of breed tools, with legacy ALM and newer Agile and DevOps supported, using best-of-breed tools. The unique capability of Kovair DevOps also allows organizations to:
- View the status of the pipelines or invoke pause, and stop them from e-mails, and if needed allow for it all to be done remotely with WFH (work-from-home) team members.
- Invoke custom routines and Microservices to be a part of the delivery process.
- Enforce Process Adherence to the process such as proper DevSecOps security testing.
- Ensure role-based controls are adhered to, such as release management with proper sign-offs.
Kovair’s Gartner Cool Vendor award-winning proprietary ESB, Kovair Omnibus which is also recently launched as Kovair Enterprise iPaaS offers a platform-centric approach to connecting both ALM and DevOps toolchains across heterogeneous environments that support end-to-end capabilities for continuous delivery. Kovair Omnibus not only offers integrations with more than 110+ multifunction, multivendor as well as open-source tools covering all phases of ALM, PPM, PLM, ERP, CRM and ITSM functions but in addition Kovair has proven experience on integrating ESB based custom in-house tools of organizations. Some of the key benefits of Kovair Omnibus include the following:
- Provides synchronization of data between tools over heterogeneous and hybrid cloud environment
- Facilitates connections to any existing tools and applications of the organization and make them part of the integrated tools ecosystem by protecting the investment of the organization
- Offers codeless mouse click configurability and allows organizations to save significant setup time through mouse click based reusable configuration of integrations
- Integrates Attachments, Comments, Rich Text & Relationships associated with records
- Establishes integrations over secured channels to eliminate any security risk during transportation of data
- Allows for hybrid multi-cloud solutions, with secure, DRaaS (disaster recovery as a service).
Kovair ALM comes with a centralized Web-based platform for stakeholders to collaborate, manage, and track the progress of a release across all phases of Application Lifecycle Management – ALM. Process Compliance solutions offered out of Kovair ALM leverages its concurrent task-based workflow engine which helps automate all the phases of reviewing and monitoring risks on a regular basis and then continuously updates the risk plans, which can be part of the ISO 27005 Security Risk Management Process, ISO 26262 compliance to automotive standards, and other workflow standards such as standards for medical IoT compliance. Kovair’s graphical editor-based mouse click configurable task-based workflow engine enables organizations to implement central governance cutting across different phases of ALM.
Kovair PPM is a one-stop solution that provides a unified platform to manage budgets, schedules, resources, and field data through a single interface. Kovair PPM delivers greater value to the organization by connecting the entire lifecycle from planning to execution. It enables IT leaders to optimize their project portfolios, manage the capacity of resources against the demands raised from different projects, and connects plans and resources to the actual project execution. Using Kovair PPM, organizations can define strategic initiatives for portfolios to projects to their outcomes. It allows leaders to define strategic initiatives, choose the relevant projects for execution, provide deeper insights into development phases, projects and programs by generating EVMs (Earned Value Management — EVM metrices), at all levels, providing valuable inputs to the management, enabling them in making data-oriented decisions, for better Time and Cost Management of a project. Kovair PPM not only provides complete visibility across the entire value stream but also provides complete visibility of the delivery lifecycle from triple constraint perspectives (Resource, Time & Cost) to the C-Level executives as well as to the stakeholders of projects through role-based real-time reports & dashboards.
Key Benefits of Kovair’s Value Stream Management Platform – KVSMP
Kovair’s Value Stream Management Platform – KVSMP, with its toolchain enables organizations with complete visibility across the value stream to ensure customer satisfaction. The several benefits of KVSMP are:
- Targeted and systematic waste reduction – Provides a unified view to senior management, through middle management to the operations, administration, sales and logistics teams. This enables early detection of bottlenecks and the elimination of waste at every step of the delivery.
- Ensure Process Governance – Offers task-based workflow both at macro and micro levels to ensure governance across and within every team involved in the delivery.
- Improve cross-functional collaboration – Enables collaboration between tools, processes and teams over hybrid infrastructure environment.
- Gain improved productivity – Provides complete visibility with respect to triple constraints of Time, Resource and Cost enabling better productivity through efficient usage of resources.
- Increase Process Efficiency – Offers secure and efficient integration seamlessly with best-of-breed applications with Kovair’s award-winning Omnibus multi-cloud iPaaS solution.
Kovair with its tools provides a complete Value Stream Management Platform to organizations enabling them to reap every benefit of Value Stream Management and ensure customer satisfaction. Starting from capturing the voice of customers and defining what is of value for them, KVSMP provides a structured visualization of the key steps and corresponding data needed to understand and intelligently make improvements that optimize the entire process, not just one section at the expense of another. To know more about Kovair products visit www.kovair.com
Source: Gartner, Market Guide for DevOps Value Stream Management Platforms, Hassan Ennaciri, Manjunath Bhat, Daniel Betts, Chris Saunderson, Joachim Herschmann, Thomas Murphy, 29 September 2020.
Great job by Kovair in being acknowledged once again by Gartner and demonstrating the capabilities of his VSMP platform to the market.
DevOps generates into the organizations an Increase of Agility, End-user involvement, improvement time for releases and better time to operation and/or market.
As optimizes the flow of value from idea to end-user, generates a value inherent to business-focused. This approach creates a collaborative environment in which developers and operations can effectively communicate and work together to achieve a company’s objectives.
By closing the loop between ALM and DevOps, Kovair enables VSM. This would allow to deliver true value to customers.