Jile is an Enterprise Agile Planning and Portfolio Cloud platform that empowers organizations to achieve enterprise agility. Jile helps organizations align strategy with execution teams by providing a unified view from portfolios and programs.
ServiceNow’s platform provides a smarter and faster automated IT service management experience in the cloud.
Kovair Omnibus provides an Enterprise Integration platform and brings IT and Development functions together to achieve larger goals for an organization and helps in achieving high ROI from Integrated functional tools.
The integration of TCS Jile with ServiceNow IT Service Management helps enterprises closely couple the product management/development and customer service teams. Escalating helpdesk tickets to internal engineering teams and following up on the progress is tedious and challenging unless the teams are collaborating in a real-time manner. With Omnibus in place, the solution achieves visibility beyond the teams. From an organizational perspective, the product delivery process becomes seamless and lot more efficient with a good flow of value.
Kovair Omnibus platform connects the dots between Jile and ServiceNow bidirectionally. It syncs key artifacts like Incidents, Change Requests, Enhancements with Work Items, Stories, Features under different programs or themes as per business requirements in Jile. All items along with their attachments and relationships get synchronized in a real-time manner. Based on the assignment of the ticket in ServiceNow, teams get assigned in JILE.
Live Business Case achieved
The following use case elaborates how Kovair Omnibus brings the Product and Help Desk teams together to share data for faster resolution of items, thus satisfying the customer efficiently.
- Live “Incidents” are submitted in ServiceNow by customers.
- The Incident couldn’t be resolved by the Help Desk team, so they need to involve the L3 team who uses Jile as an Agile Management tool.
- Next, the Help Desk team assigns the ‘Incident’ to the Kanban team from ServiceNow.
- In Jile, the developer is assigned to the ‘Work Item’ (type: Incident) and the status is updated to ‘Assigned’.
- When the developer starts working on it, the status is changed to ‘In Progress’. Automatically the status of the Incident gets modified to ‘In Progress’ in ServiceNow through Omnibus.
- Once the development is complete, the status is marked as ‘Resolved’ in Jile. The status gets updated in ServiceNow as ‘Resolved’ through Omnibus.
- L1 team in ServiceNow checks the Incident developed by the L3 team & upon successful verification, the Incident is marked as ‘Closed’ in ServiceNow.
Benefits of the Integration
Following are the business level values benefits that can be achieved through this integration
For ServiceNow users
- Traceability of Work Item across tools from ServiceNow to Jile.
- Visibility into the Incident progress of development work.
- No manual dependency on data communication across tools for making correct decisions
For Jile users
- 360-degree traceability for customer Tickets from incident recording to delivery.
- Real-time visibility of customer tickets and their priorities.
- Trace the customer tickets/requests across the delivery chain.
- Track and improve customer service experience throughout the delivery chain.
Engineering, IT and Operations, are all very specialist skills. The teams excel in working in silos. However, in silos teams primarily focus on their own team-level goals and targets, rather than the end-to-end organization delivery process. That’s where the power of collaboration comes into the picture. The goal is to not tear down team silos but to connect the dots. Collaboration underpins all the agile methods with modern tools like Jile. Through the collaboration of IT Service Management and Agile development, integrated tools provide visibility and openness for both the teams handling Customers and Management.