What is Kovair API?
In our 8.8 release, Kovair has introduced support for REST API to give users the ability to seamlessly use the functionalities of Kovair ALM Studio and Kovair Omnibus Multi Tool Integration Bus through proper integration.
Kovair REST API has been designed with the objective to provide users with a clean and straightforward experience for integrating with Kovair Platform. Kovair APIs are RESTful in nature. The term REST stands for ‘Representational State Transfer’.
It adheres to the principles of REST that do not require the client to know anything about the structure of the API.
By offering support for http, https and TLS encryption protocols, Kovair API keeps all data flowing through API to be completely secured.
Leveraging Kovair Omnibus Platform
API is a software piece that makes it possible for application programs to interact with each other and share data. This enables third party tools to mash up data in to the Omnibus platform and obtain benefits like workflow process, report engine and data routing to various tools.
When collaborated with Omnibus platform, Kovair API can successfully convert unstructured data from multiple tools into meaningful metrics.
Kovair Platform as Central Repository
The analytics industry has seen a paradigm shift in how and which analytics tools are used.
Analytical tools empower organizations to predict and project the future of investment. In line with the growing importance of analytics tools, there also came an active need for feeding data to BI tools.
Required metrics can be created by synchronizing the data from Kovair central repository to any BI tool using the Kovair Restful API. Most of the ALM tools do not have the capabilities to integrate with any BI tool. When the tool is integrated with Kovair Platform, Kovair API can act as the Gateway for data to siphon to BI tools.
Basic Functionality of Kovair API
- Overall configuration of Integration thus supporting IT teams to provision workspace and Omnibus configuration from their own tool.
- Push Data to the Kovair platform from external resources to build a data repository.
- Extract data from the connected tools directly using the API, Platform and Adapter. This feature is currently limited to supported tools only that are listed elsewhere on our website.
- Extract integration transaction data from platform to build Analytical tree in their BI/ Reporting Tools.
- Enable data from central repository to be synced with any BI tools. Since platform is the central repository for Solutions like DevOps, Agile, Defect Management; thus organizations can extract raw data from the platform to their own best of breed tools for generating organizational specific reports.