Kovair API Integration Overview
- API – Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows two applications to talk to each other
- Provides developer experience across all kinds of applications and services
- Connects all different applications in a seamless manner
- Creates an omnichannel customer experience
- Built on common set of REST APIs
Introducing Kovair REST API
Figure: Kovair REST API
An API or Application Programming Interface is a collection of defined functional endpoints for communication with a host tool. It offers a standard, easy programmatic method for accessing a resource, which enables a software to make efficient use of the functionality and the data derived from the host tool.
API is the gateway to access data from an application without the need of an application interface. It helps to achieve data collaboration, which is done through published endpoints with appropriate accessibility.
With the inception of the RESTful API, data exchange and management in the current era has completely revolutionized software development for the last decade. Now almost every company or application has a RESTful API for business creation.
Why Choose Kovair API?
Cross Platform Support
REST API based Integration is now considered to be a strategical capability sitting at the helm of enriching operational efficiency, quality, and synchronization between multiple devices and platforms covering on-premise and cloud-based tools.
Seamless Integration Capability
Kovair REST API gives users the ability to seamlessly use the functionalities of Kovair ALM Studio and Kovair Omnibus Multi Tool Integration Bus through Corresponding tool adapter. Kovair REST API has been designed with the objective to provide users with a clean and straightforward experience for integrating with Kovair Platform. Kovair APIs are RESTful in nature. The term REST stands for ‘Representational State Transfer’. It adheres to the principles of REST that do not require the client to know anything about the structure of the API.
Kovair REST API Security
Kovair RESTful API supports http, https and TLS encryption protocols. Kovair API keeps all data flowing through API to be completely secured.
Key Highlights of Kovair API
- Overall configuration of Integration thus supporting IT teams to provision workspace and Omnibus configuration from their own tool.
- Push Data to the Kovair platform from external resources to build a data repository.
- Extract data from the connected tools directly using the API, Platform and Adapter.
- Extract integration transaction data from platform to build Analytical tree in their BI / Reporting Tools.
- Enable data from central repository to be synced with any BI tools.
- Extract raw data from central repository platform to their own best of breed tools for generating organizational specific reports.
Immediate Business Results
Kovair RESTful API follows a stateless protocol and standard operations that aims for a faster and reliable performance. This is achieved by re-using ESB components that can be managed and updated without affecting the system in place.
Leveraging Kovair Omnibus Platform
API is a software piece that makes it possible for application programs to interact with each other and share data. This enables third party tools to mash up data in to the Omnibus platform and obtain benefits like workflow process, report engine and data routing to various tools. When collaborated with Omnibus platform, Kovair API can successfully convert unstructured data from multiple tools into meaningful metrics.
Kovair Platform as Central Repository
The analytics industry has seen a paradigm shift in how and which analytics tools are used. Analytical tools empower organizations to predict and project the future of investment. In line with the growing importance of analytics tools, there also came an active need for feeding data to BI tools. Required metrics can be created by synchronizing the data from Kovair central repository to any BI tool using the Kovair Restful API. Most of the ALM tools do not have the capabilities to integrate with any BI tool. When the tool is integrated with Kovair Platform, Kovair API can act as the Gateway for data to siphon to BI tools.