Manage entire defect cycle in a single tool
- Identify, organize, categorize and view defects across projects in a centralized repository
- Track defects by severity, submitter name, detection phase and defect status
- Automatically create defects from failed test cases
- Distinguish defects from change request or enhancement
- Prioritize defect resolution based on severity of impact on user, relative effort to fix defects and the available open defects
- Escalate based on defect ageing
- Automatically assign defects to developer for fixing, based on custom policies
- Identify duplicate defects and linking
- Send automated notifications to teams designated for defect fixing
- Monitor defect resolution status real-time; increase predictability on quality
- Get management reports, like open defects by project, severity, priority, defect type and defect status
- Capture customer suggestions and project-related issues in addition to defects
- Establish traceability links with Test artifacts and Requirements
- Sync and share defect items with other teams working on JIRA, Bugzilla, TFS, RTC through bidirectional integration
- Automate defect review process flow before including them in a product roadmap
We ensure that all defects are being correctly accounted for, tracked, prioritized and finally resolved, wherever they are
Multiple ways to capture and manage defects
Select any mode of tracking defects, the way it is practiced in your organization.
- Use Rich Text Editor in Kovair for direct entry
- Submit from your Corporate Website or Portal
- Send defect records via Email
- Import from Microsoft Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
- Importing from a CSV file with configurable format
- Capture from other third party tools via integration
Make defect prioritization simpler, faster
Kovair helps in reviewing and prioritizing for each defect against a set of business goals. Based on the assigned priorities the process can automatically route defects in different paths to optimize the resource usage and accelerate resolution of certain high priority items.
Users can also attach files and screenshots to the defects, so that it becomes easier for the developers to understand a defect better and later reproduce it easily.
Automate defect tracking workflow
Kovair’s built-in visual task based workflow engine simplifies task management across time zones by replacing manual task assignment with automatic handoff. You can automate defect review process flow before including them to a product roadmap.
For instance, when a developer in Bangalore is finished with fixing an issue, the designated tester in Dublin gets automatically notified and assigned the next step of ensuring test case creation and testing.
Automate email notifications
Receive automated notifications whenever a defect is submitted or updated by any stakeholder. The effective communications among the team members help take prompt action on the defects, as and when they are submitted in the defect tracking tool.
Integrate with the tools you already own
Synchronize defect records between testers and developers in real time. Using Kovair Omnibus integrations you can sync and share defect items with other teams working on JIRA, Bugzilla, TFS, RTC or other developer tools through bidirectional integration.
Reflect updated defect status automatically in subsequent tools that you own. Developers view defect records from within their IDE, fix them and then give status updates which get immediately reflected to the testers repeating the test process.
Get 360 degree view of Defect trends
View defect distribution by status, priority, severity, age and other meaningful metrics. Kovair produces reports and defects documents of various kinds. They include Release Notes Documents as well as a fully formatted Word document including defects fixed in a Release.
- Issues submission, closure, reopen trends
- Burn Down Testing Charts
Distribution of Issues by Type, Criticality, Priority, Source…or any other custom field
These reports can be generated by a number of different reporting engines Kovair supports:
- HTML, enabling direct printing from the defects list page
- Export any lists to Excel for additional formatting and manipulation
- Do custom formatting of Built-in Crystal Reports, or create your own reports from scratch
- Word Reporting enables fully customizable formatting with multi-level data elements from Kovair
View Traceability links with defects for impact analysis
- Create logical links (depending, affecting, bi-directional) between Issues and view in a number of visualizing tools that Kovair offers. These include Folder Hierarchy Report of Requirements Traceability, Requirements Traceability Matrix and Traceability Relation Network diagram.
- Allow multiple types of relations including custom ones between Issues such as dependency relation and duplicate relation.