- Allows one to track Build Configurations, Build Steps and Builds including the relevant fields like Build number, Build artifacts.
- Triggers Build from Kovair ALM from remote location.
- Allows the Release Manager to view the status of TeamCity Builds from Kovair ALM or other integrated tools connected through Omnibus.
- Ensures that all the available TeamCity objects and their interrelationships can be tracked and maintained in Kovair ALM or in other integrated tools.
- Caters to existing TeamCity setup where lots of existing builds are present. It can also be deployed to a new TeamCity setup.
- Allows batch synchronization of Build configurations, Steps and existing results to Kovair ALM or any other integrated tool.
- Accessibility to TeamCity Build configurations and Build information from other integrated tools.
- ESB based integration with SCM tools and IDEs.
- Unidirectional synchronization of Build configurations, Steps and results.
- Easy to configure and customize using web based codeless configuration screens.
TeamCity is a closed source, Java-based build management and continuous integration server from JetBrains. Kovair Omnibus integrates TeamCity 8.1 with other best-of-breed ALM tools to provide a centralized view of the unified software development.
Kovair Support for TeamCity 8.1 Integration
Kovair integration with TeamCity is a step towards the DevOps solution. The primary objective of the integration is to provide a 360 degree view of Build, Steps and Results from Kovair Traceability View.
The ‘TeamCity 8.1 Integration Adapter’ allows TeamCity to connect to Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform and thereby synchronize with other ALM tools in the system. The adapter has been so architected so that it can be up and running for any existing TeamCity setup, as well as new TeamCity setup.
The integration between TeamCity and other ALM tools provides a convenient way for managing Build Configurations, Build Steps and Builds.
The integration framework contains two components – an adapter and a plug-in.
Kovair TeamCity Integration Adapter: It is a WCF Service that exposes TeamCity entities, entity fields and relations. It also acts as a connector to trigger a Build in TeamCity from Kovair Application.
Kovair Listener plug-in for TeamCity: It is a custom plug-in that collects TeamCity events and results and then pushes them to the adapter. The plug-in needs to be deployed at TeamCity server.
TeamCity Adapter offers the followings.
Through Kovair Application and TeamCity connector one can fire a Build from remote location. The user does not need to log in to TeamCity. Kovair ALM allows the user to fire build through the user interface.
Management users always need a consolidate view about the Build status, the related steps and the final results. This integration provides the management user to have a complete traceability of Build, Steps and result. User can directly click on a link in Build result to navigate into the TeamCity artifacts.
Using Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform and Kovair TeamCity Adapter, one can integrate TeamCity with a defect tracking system, such as JIRA and reduce the need of maintaining change log. This integration allows you to track the Builds results and Build artifacts from TeamCity into JIRA.
TeamCity Integration Use Case
Kovair Omnibus TeamCity Integration enables batch import of TeamCity artifacts into Kovair ALM or other tools connected to Omnibus.
Let us consider an integration scenario between TeamCity and Kovair.
Once a Build Configuration is added in TeamCity, the record is replicated to Kovair through Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform. User edits a TeamCity Build Configuration to add Steps and other run configurations. Next, the user runs the Build Configuration from Kovair, which adds the Build Configuration into Build queue in TeamCity. The TeamCity Build is then executed in TeamCity server according to the configuration made in TeamCity. After the Build is executed, the Build data along with parent Build Configuration, Build Steps and the relationships flow into Kovair. User can use the traceability view of Kovair to see the relationships between the imported TeamCity artifacts.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – firstname.lastname@example.org