Teamcenter software is a modern, adaptable product lifecycle management (PLM) system that connects data people and processes, across functional silos, with a digital thread for innovation. The unmatched breadth and depth of the Teamcenter portfolio means that you can solve more of the tough challenges required to develop highly successful products. From the easy, intuitive Teamcenter user interface, people across the organization can take part in the product development process more easily than ever before.
Kovair provides a vendor-neutral integration platform called Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform to which the best-of-breed ALMs, PLMs, ERPs, and other enterprise tools can be integrated using adapters.
Kovair Teamcenter Adapter
For global enterprises, managing a product throughout its lifecycle could be a multi-million-dollar investment. Dynamic changes during product development and after product release test the organizational effectiveness and efficiency as it involves both Software (ALM) and Hardware (PLM). In this context, it becomes highly imperative that they are integrated in a unified manner. Kovair integration adapter for Teamcenter helps in solving several integration scenarios between Teamcenter and other enterprise applications where Bill of Material (BOM) transformation and management happens across the enterprise. Also, the telling need of multi-level BOM report generation and management is enabled. The adapter supports all the key artefacts like Part, Document, Requirement, Change Notice an BOM Report apart along with their plethora of system and custom attributes and its dynamic updates.
Features & Benefits
- Traceability of BOM, Product Data Visibility across the enterprise
- Dynamic Collaboration throughout all lifecycle phases.
- Generation and publication of BOM reports and its management across connected tools.
- Integration of distinct development streams to hardware engineering and manufacturing
- OSLC Support with Teamcenter and other OSLC tools
Why Integrate Teamcenter with Kovair?
Collaboration – It is a challenging goal, given that most global organisations still use separate and non-integrated processes to coordinate product development—Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools for hardware (Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools for software.
The key is to improve Time to Market through collaboration of various departments with R&D for a concurrent product development of hardware and software by integrating process, data, and various product development stakeholders to increase overall Organisational Efficiency.
- BOM Report – With this integration in place Multi-Level BOM / Indented BOM report which contains parts structure, and key attributes can be extracted to another connected system to provide heterogenous BOM visibility.
- Unified Traceability across Tools – Kovair integration adapter for Teamcenter enables engineers to access traceability information from their native working environments. With the Kovair adapter for Teamcenter, engineers in all disciplines can trace their work from requirements to delivery using either system. Using these capabilities, development teams can collaborate more effectively, reduce waste, and avoid errors by accurately linking software with hardware. The traceability also improves audit readiness, and support maintenance and repair processes by enabling companies to quickly locate parts and manage defect fixes.
- Change Process Visibility – Kovair Teamcenter adapter provides visibility of related change items like Parts, Documents to the corresponding change objects like Requirements, Change Notice, BOM Report etc. This can potentially improve the cross tools change object traceability and monitoring, a critical need for an enterprise.
|Entities Exposed||Events Collected||Actions Supported|
Use Case Example of Kovair Integration with Teamcenter
Kovair Teamcenter integrates with the best-of-breed enterprise tools, thereby enabling data and process flow including BOM transformation for a Model Based System Enterprise scenario (MBSE). Kovair Omnibus connects Teamcenter PLM components namely Parts or Document Items to the Requirement Management Tool interface like RDNG or to a system modeling tool like Enterprise Architect (EA).
Kovair Omnibus works as the central platform of data flow and exchange between Teamcenter, EA and RDNG. When integrated with the adapter, it can expand the benefits of PLM tools by automating the flow of Teamcenter Artifacts to other tools. As a result, it creates end-to-end traceability through which activities of the PLM artifacts and the corresponding ALM or EA Toolsets can be traced.
Example of use case showing Teamcenter integration with RDNG:
Upon creating a System Requirement in RDNG, the requirement will appear in EA as both EA and RDNG are connected to Kovair Omnibus. Next, a system model structure is created to satisfy the created requirement in EA. As a best practice, link the Requirement to the model structure in EA to depict the linkage. Now, as Teamcenter is a purely web-based application, Kovair Omnibus can automatically push the data through HTTP using its Teamcenter adapter.
Kovair Omnibus integrates both the tools and exchanges the artifacts mainly, Requirements from RDNG to System Model Structure in Enterprise Architecture (EA) and the ensuing System BOM as a list of parts which can be used to easily built as an engineering BOM using Structure Manager in Teamcenter which can be viewed as a BOM Report in Kovair’s interface. This helps to achieve end-to-end traceability.
One of the highlights of this example is also the status progress monitoring of the integration artifacts and their reporting (HTML) of dynamically changing BOM in EA & Teamcenter.
End-to-end traceability right from Requirement can be viewed in the Kovair interface. You can also view the BOM report in Kovair.