Sonarcloud is a cloud service offered by SonarSource and based on SonarQube. SonarQube is a widely adopted open-source platform to inspect continuously the quality of source code and detect bugs, vulnerabilities. Kovair provides a vendor-neutral integration platform called Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform to which the best-of-breed ALM and other tools can be integrated using adapters.
Kovair Sonarcloud Adapter
Kovair adapter for Sonarcloud with GitHub helps to achieve an integration scenario between Sonarcloud and other tools like Kovair ALM. The adapter supports exposing the primary artifacts like Build, Build Version, Issue, and various metrics. These data are vital for any engineering team to validate the code to be published. The primary feature of the adapter is to capture various metrics for the code being checked in GitHub to get an overview of the code quality. Overall all the static and dynamic code analysis data will be available centrally at Kovair ALM for further report Building.
Why integrate Sonarcloud with Kovair?
- Metrics – Key metrics that are vital for an application like Maintainability-Metrics, Reliability-Metrics, Coverage-Metric, and Complexity-Metrics can be captured centrally for an in-depth view of overall code quality. Kovair Adapter for Sonarcloud helps in achieving this through Kovair ALM seamlessly.
- Tracking Build and versions – The integration between Sonarcloud and Kovair ALM is a deep level integration. It enables management to have a complete 360-degree view of all the Build be produced and the related versions. Moreover, it also tracks all the related issues identified by Sonarcloud for the piece of code.
- Bring reliability in code –Integration with Sonarcloud platform significantly increases the lifetime of applications by reducing complexities, duplications and potential bugs in the code, by keeping neat and clean code architecture and increased unit tests. Sonarcloud increases the maintainability of the software. It can handle changes as well.
|Entities Exposed||Events Collected||Actions Supported||Relations Supported|
Use Case Example of Kovair Integration with Sonarcloud with Github
The following use case diagram explains how Kovair-Sonarcloud integration helps development teams, using different tools of their choice, to work on bugs/defects in real-time, resolve and accelerate delivery cycles of the improved product or service quality. The developer checks-in the code in GitHub which is integrated with Sonarcloud to capture the event and start the Build and analysis. The Build, Issue and metrics details get tracked and collected centrally at Kovair ALM for management view and decision. Apart from the above use-cases, Sonarcloud data can be moved to any of the Kovair adapter based on the required business cases.
Features & Benefits
- Captures complete Build details from GitHub along with versions and vulnerability issues.
- Captures all major metrics for the given piece of code project.
- Directs linking of all reports directly from Sonarcloud.