In an IT organization, Application Development and IT Operation often end up as mutually competitive groups having conflicting goals — leading to a situation wherein the business emerges as the ultimate sufferer.
With several years of experience in ALM, ITSM, and Tools Integration domains, Kovair is uniquely positioned to serve as the flag-bearer of an integrated ITSM-ALM strategy that can bridge the gap between IT operations and application development.
In the IT Service Management domain, ServiceNow has already played its part by elevating ITSM services to an altogether different level using cloud based technologies, thereby offering several benefits including transparency, portability, and control of data.
Kovair Support for ServiceNow Integration
‘Kovair ServiceNow Integration Adapter’ lets you integrate ServiceNow with a wide array of on-premise ALM tools, such as JIRA, QC, and TFS as well as cloud-based tools like Salesforce.com (SFDC). By integrating ServiceNow with ALM tools, you can allow your Application Development and IT Operations teams to become more closely aligned to business.
Kovair provides a vendor-neutral ALM platform called Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform to which you can hook your ServiceNow instance using Kovair ServiceNow Integration Adapter. This allows the ServiceNow artifacts to be visible from other best-of-breed tools being used by other teams and enables driving a consistent organization-wide process across all silos of software development and IT operations.
ServiceNow Integration Adapter offers the followings:
ALM-ITSM ConvergenceApplication Development and IT Operations teams are responsible for majority of the changes introduced by new strategic projects and maintenance of existing IT systems. However, these distinct teams are often managed in silos, with little or no collaboration. ServiceNow integration provides the capability to bridge that gap and take better advantage of all IT resources, assisting in planning / forecasting as well as capturing meaningful metrics that are pertinent to the most senior IT executives.
ServiceNow includes an Incident Management module to proactively manage the resolution of incidents. Kovair ServiceNow adapter allows incidents in ServiceNow to flow across the IT Operations boundary and get replicated in another tool like JIRA or Salesforce. Since the integration is bi-directional, any modification to the incident in a third-party tool is synchronized back to ServiceNow and vice-versa.
Change Management allows IT organizations to control the flow of changes and minimize the impact of changes on service quality, thereby improving the day-to-day operations of the IT organization. ServiceNow includes an ITIL-based Change Management application designed to proactively manage changes of configuration items.
Kovair ServiceNow adapter allows changes in ServiceNow to flow across the IT Operations boundary; get replicated in another tool like ClearQuest; and get linked with appropriate code files in ClearCase.
Problem ManagementThrough Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform, ServiceNow can be integrated with Issue Management tools like JIRA so that Problems in ServiceNow are replicated as Issues in JIRA and processed as per the pre-defined automated workflows.
Transparency of DataWith a SaaS model, ServiceNow brings in complete transparency into your data. Even if you have outsourced your IT operations to a Service Provider, you can have an unobstructed, unfiltered view into your service management performance.
Portability of DataSince ServiceNow stores data on the cloud and can be integrated with other ALM tools through Kovair ServiceNow adapter, you can retrieve data from anywhere, anytime. The portability aspect of ServiceNow Integration is beneficial to the work force that is constantly on the move.
Control of DataWith your data on the Cloud, you can have greater control on your data. This control helps you effectively manage services and service providers.
Enhanced CollaborationBy integrating an ITSM tool like ServiceNow with multi-vendor ALM tools like QC, Salesforce, and JIRA, Kovair Omnibus enhances collaboration between Development Teams and IT Operations Staff.
Cross-tool TraceabilityTraceability is desired in any software project to ensure that the final product can be tracked back to business goals and customer requirements. With Kovair ServiceNow Adapter, you can link artifacts across disparate tools connected to the Omnibus Integration Platform, and thereby achieve cross-tool traceability.
Data Collection and ReportingServiceNow integration enables collection of actionable metrics and intelligence. This data can be used to produce reports and dashboards using Kovair’s reporting feature.
Examples of ServiceNow Integrations
1. ServiceNow-Rally IntegrationThis video explains how Kovair helps Operations Teams working in ServiceNow to collaborate with Development teams working in Agile based environment, and thus improving customer support system by providing real-time engagement on the development progress. [youtube_video clip_id=”B2gRYRFa-J8″ hd=”true” width=”560″ height=”315″]
2. ServiceNow-SFDC IntegrationAs shown in the above example, you can integrate the cloud-based applications, ServiceNow and SFDC so that Cases in SFDC are replicated as Incidents in ServiceNow, and any modification to the Incidents in ServiceNow is replicated in the corresponding Cases in SFDC.
3. ServiceNow-JIRA Integration
As shown in the above example, you can integrate the cloud-based application (ServiceNow) with on-premise application (JIRA) so that Incidents in ServiceNow are replicated as Issues in JIRA, and any modification to the Issues in JIRA is replicated in the corresponding Incidents in ServiceNow.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Integrate ServiceNow with both cloud-based and on-premise ALM tools.
- Add, edit artifacts in ServiceNow and synchronize them in other integrated tools and vice-versa.
- Link ServiceNow artifacts, such as Incidents, Problems, Changes, Knowledgebase, and Vendors with artifacts of other tools integrated through Omnibus.
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for maintaining an ITSM solution by getting rid of the pains of unpredictable upgrade costs and surprise product sunsets.
- Ensure cross-tool visibility, traceability, and process automation.
- Measure Key Performance indicators all across IT, not just IT operations or application lifecycle and use this data to generate accurate reports regarding project status.
- Eliminates the pains of Point-To-Point Integration with Omnibus ESB.
- Outward propagation of events occurring inside ServiceNow and their corresponding data across the integration scenario.
- Bi-directional synchronization of ServiceNow artifacts, such as Incidents, Problems, Changes, Vendors, and Knowledgebase with artifacts in other tools.
- Support for physical, virtual and cloud environments — together in a single system of record.
- Codeless integration with provision for dynamic mapping of fields through web based interfaces.