Microsoft Exchange Server is Microsoft’s email, calendaring, contact, scheduling and collaboration platform deployed on the Windows Server operating system for use within a business or larger enterprise.
Kovair Microsoft Exchange Server Integration Adapter
Kovair adapter for Microsoft Exchange Server helps to leverage the Omnibus architecture and facilitate collaboration in an enterprise IT environment. It is designed to keep track of the chain of mail flow that are sent, replied, received or forwarded from Microsoft Outlook and received at the client-side Microsoft Exchange Server, before being routed to the target destination client. With the help of the adapter, the tracked mails can be identified and can be synchronized across disparate ALM tools connected in an integrated setup. Integration of the Exchange Server with other ALM tools using the adapter facilitates entity and field mappings, which ensure full data flow across tools.
Features & Benefits
- Integration facilitates easy and time-saving ways to track email conversations.
- Incoming emails automatically appear in the connected tool based on criteria.
- With email tracking, you’ll get real-time notifications as soon as a prospect opens your email. You will also be notified if any of the links have been clicked on, thereby making it easier to follow up.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange Server Integration Adapter
- Automatic capturing of mails as Ticket: The adapter when integrated to Kovair Omnibus Platform can route mails based on the criteria to the connected tools—like ServiceNow, Jira, RTC, etc—for creating tickets automatically. Moreover, with the power of omnibus once the ticket are added an automatic mail can fired to the sender for acknowledgment. Acknowledgement mail can also contain URL of the ticket added.
- Email Data: The adapter can expose Email data as an Item for the connected ALM tools along with attachments. Adapter with the power of Omnibus allows parsing and processing of email content and converting the same into attribute values.
Services Supported in Kovair Microsoft Exchange Server Adapter
|Entities Exposed||Supported Events||Supported Actions||Exposed Relations|
Note: Modification of sent email is not possible. However, replying to an email effects last modification time of the sent email, to capture such events modify event is exposed.
Note: if a modify action comes, then a reply will be created under that mail which is expected to be modified, instead of modifying an email. this reply will be sent to replyAll option of the mail. This may be controlled by the key “ReplyOnModifyAction” present in Web.Config of Adapter.
Note: A reply or forwarded email will be taken as the related item. This reply will create a relation event. If the replied mail has a different subject (if subject is modified during replying) then a new conversation thread will be created in mailbox.
Use Case Scenario of Kovair Microsoft Exchange Server Adapter
To understand how the Kovair adapter for Microsoft Exchange Server works, let us consider a typical use integration scenario created between IBM RTC, Kovair ALM Studio, and Microsoft Exchange, connected using Kovair Omnibus and Kovair adapter for Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Emails sent from specific Microsoft Outlook and targeted to another specific Microsoft Outlook, will first be received at the client-side Microsoft Exchange server.
- Mails arriving at the Microsoft Exchange Server will then be routed to the target Microsoft Outlook that has been specified with the email id. If Microsoft Exchange Server is integrated to Kovair Omnibus with the adapter, then the mails will be generated and retrieved as Events by the adapter.
- If the RTC tool is integrated to Kovair Omnibus with Kovair RTC adapter, then these generated Events will be synced to the RTC tool as a work item.
- On successful synchronization, an acknowledgement mail notification will be sent back to the email id informing about the successful synchronization.
- Based on the information provided in the email content, the system should be able to parse the email bodies, following which the parsed values will be set as work item attributes. For example, if the email status has been set as “Importance = High”, then the value will be mapped as “High” under the Severity attribute of the work item in the RTC tool. In case if a mail contains an attached file, then the attachment will be treated as a relation event by the adapter and the same will be added as an attachment to the corresponding work item in RTC tool.
- If Kovair ALM Studio is integrated to Kovair Omnibus using Kovair adapter for Kovair ALM Studio, then all Work Items created or updated in the RTC tool will become automatically traceable from inside Kovair ALM Studio.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – email@example.com