Jenkins is a popular open source tool for continuous integration and build automation. Over the time, Jenkins has become the open source standard for managing the development side of DevOps, from source code management to delivering code to production. Jenkins also supporting continuous integration, where code from individual developers are merged into a deployed project at an estimated interval and are continuously tested to avoid downstream problems. CD takes this a step further to ensure that all merged codes are always in a production-ready state.
Kovair Jenkins Adapter
The ‘Kovair Jenkins Integration Adapter’ allows rich data from Jenkins to be monitored and captured to Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform and thereby synchronize with other ALM tools in the system. The primary objective of the integration is to provide a consolidated single interface to the end user; for detailing of Build, Job, Pipeline, and Pipeline execution with traceability.
Features & Benefits
- Monitor and track Build, Build Steps, Pipeline, and Pipeline Execution from Jenkins into Kovair ALM.
- Execute Deployment from Kovair ALM central platform.
- Provides complete visibility to view the status of Jenkins Builds from Kovair ALM or other integrated tools that are connected through Omnibus.
- Direct navigation to Jenkins Interface from Kovair ALM to give the end users a complete 360-degree view.
- Synchronization of Build, Steps, Pipeline, and Pipeline execution results to Kovair ALM or any other integrated tool.
- Direct Accessibility to Jenkins Pipeline and Execution from other integrated tools.
- Single interface for all continuous delivery pipelines of Jenkins.
Single Click Deployment
The integration between Jenkins and Kovair ALM is a deep level integration. It enables users to avail single click deployment from the ALM interface. Kovair with its rich integration adapter can extract pipeline as well as pipeline execution details to Kovair ALM.
Kovair Jenkins Adapter
The integration — between Jenkins, Omnibus, and other ALM tools — provides a convenient way for managing Build, Build Steps, and Pipeline. The integration framework contains two components — an adapter and a plug-in.
- Kovair Jenkins Integration Adapter: It is a WCF Service that exposes Jenkins entities, entity fields, and relations. It also acts as a connector for triggering a Build in Jenkins from Kovair Application.
- Kovair Listener Plug-In for Jenkins: It is a custom plug-in that collects Jenkins data and results and then pushes them in to the adapter. The plug-in needs to be deployed at Jenkins server.
|Exposed Entities||Events Collected||Actions Supported||Relations Supported|
Why Integrate Jenkins with Kovair?
- Trends like agile development, DevOps, and continuous integration has led to the modern enterprise’s need for building software hyper-efficiently.
- Kovair ALM along with Kovair Omnibus offers the capacity of supporting single-click execution of Jenkins pipeline.
- Kovair Omnibus will facilitate an organization to integrate all major tools in ALM with Jenkins for monitoring and taking actions in real time.
- Omnibus being an ESB allows one to connect Jenkins with TFS, Jira, and other ALM for coding, building, deploying, and tracking issues.
Jenkins Integration Adapter Offers the Following:
Defect TrackingUsing Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform and relevant adapters, you can integrate Jenkins with defect tracking systems such as JIRA and reduce the need of maintaining change log.
Improved Product QualityBugs that arise when changes are merged with the source control repository are rarely identified because the problem is not localized. It mainly arises from the interaction between two pieces of work. Often, integration bugs start infecting the system weeks or months after they were inserted. As a result, it takes a lot of effort to identify those bugs.
Continuous Integration with Jenkins ensures that a vast majority of integration bugs manifest themselves immediately and are easy to detect. This greatly reduces the scope of search for the integration bugs. If you cannot find the bug, you can avoid putting the offending code into the product so that in the worst case you do not add the feature that contains the bug.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – firstname.lastname@example.org