Jira is an issue tracking product developed by Atlassian for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management. Installing Test Management plug-in ‘Test Management for Jira ‘enables Jira to Manage Test and Quality.
Kovair JIRA Test Management Adapter
Kovair adapter for JIRA Test Management helps to achieve an integration scenario between JIRA Test Management and other ALM tools, thereby enabling teams to manage their issues throughout the entire lifecycle.
Its primary objective is to enable teams manage and Test details. The Kovair adapter can help to fetch data from JIRA Cloud-related entities like Bugs, Epics, New Feature, Story, Improvements, Sub Task, Task, Custom Entities, Sprint, and Issue; as well as JIRA Test Management entities like Test Case, Test Step, Test Plan, Cycle, Test Run.
JIRA Test Management adapter offers support bi-directional synchronization of Custom Fields, System Fields, Attachment, and Comment for entity features namely for Custom Entities, Issues, and Sprint.
Features & Benefits
- Web-Based codeless configuration screens for easy configuration and customization.
- End-to-End Traceability View of the exposed entities and related data from Confluence tool.
- Track relevant fields like Pages and associated comments and attachments.
- Centralized data view for multiple spaces of Confluence.
Why Integrate JIRA Test Management with Kovair
- Uniform Configuration for Multi-Tool Integration:
With the help of a uniform Point and Click Configuration guided by Kovair Interactive UI, Kovair JIRA Test Management adapter can integrate JIRA Test Management tool to other ALM tools and create an integrated setup.
- Centralized Data View for Multiple Tool Projects:
Users can synchronize data from multiple tool projects and view it from other ALM Tool interfaces.
The adapter can expose entities and the data related to it from JIRA Test Management tool to Kovair Omnibus. This makes the data visible from other ALM tools that are integrated to the Kovair platform. The same data can be leveraged to create end-to-end traceability, custom reports, and analytics using Kovair reporting engine.
Adapter Service Support Details
|Entities Exposed||Events Collected||Actions Supported||Relations Supported|
*Note: Delete events can only be fetched from JIRA Cloud only through Webhook. With Event Service the Delete event will not be exposed.
For JIRA Test Management
|Entities||Relation||Relation Field||Events Supported||Actions Supported|
|Test Case||Test Case to Epic||Related Epic||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Test Case to Story||Related Story||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Test Case to Bug||Related Bug||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Test Plan||Test Plan to Epic||Related Epic||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Test Plan to Story||Related Story||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Test Plan to Bug||Related Bug||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Cycle||Cycle to Epic||Related Epic||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Cycle to Story||Related Story||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Cycle to Bug||Related Bug||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Test Run||Test Run to Epic||Related Epic||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Test Run to Story||Related Story||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Test Run to Bug||Related Bug||Add and Delete||Add and Delete|
|Run Step||Run Step to Epic||Related Epic||Add and Delete||N.A.|
|Run Step to Story||Related Story||Add and Delete||N.A.|
|Run Step to Bug||Related Bug||Add and Delete||N.A.|
Use Case Examples Of Kovair Integration With Jira Test Management
To understand how Kovair integration with JIRA Test Management works, let us consider an integration scenario with tools JIRA Test Management, Kovair Omnibus, and Kovair Application.
- In JIRA, Test Cycle is a collection of Test Cases. Let us suppose that a user proceeds to execute a Test Case from JIRA Test Management tool.
- Upon execution of each Test Case in a Test Cycle, a Test Run record will be generated. For every Test Run, a Run Step event will be generated depending on the number of steps present in a Test Case.
- A complete traceability of these records and results can be viewed directly from Kovair Application.
- Kovair Omnibus works behind the scene and runs on an Engine Service. Based on the adapters registered, the mapping, and the service flow set, all details of the source tool and the target tool, along with the mapping details are stored inside Kovair Database. Whenever a record is triggered from the source tool, the service engine searches for the target tool details inside the Kovair Database and the fields against which the action is to be triggered in the target tool.
- Now assuming that a Test Case upon execution in the JIRA Test Management tool fails. In that case, using JIRA Issue type, a bug can be created and linked with the Test Case, which can be viewed from JIRA Test Management under the Traceability Tab.
- Users of Kovair application can get a complete traceability view of the events triggered by the target tool and the actions pushed to the target tool.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – firstname.lastname@example.org