“Kovair Jama Contour Adapter” integrates Jama to the other Application Lifecycle Management tools to create a unified software development ecosystem. This enables data visibility across different best-of-breed tools from different vendors being used in the Organization. User Stories, Test Cases, Test Runs and Defects from Jama are exposed as separate entities from the Kovair Jama Contour Adapter.
The Jama adapter also supports any custom entities that may be defined in the Jama Contour platform. Bi-directional flow of data related to all these artifacts and also the links between them can be achieved through Omnibus to other connected tools.
Jama Contour Integration Adapter offers the followings:
Easy to Configure
The users can easily configure the integration rules in Kovair’s web based application with simple mouse-clicks and without the need of any coding.
The workflow capabilities of the Kovair ALM application can also be used in conjunction with the Omnibus platform and the Kovair Jama Contour Adapter to create centralized workflows cutting across tool boundaries.
Consolidated cross-tool reporting
Using Kovair’s Reports and Dashboards – users can generate real-time reports from live data consolidated across all the different lifecycle tools. Actionable metrics can also be computed and displayed on the Dashboards based on the user’s role and access privileges.
Using the Kovair Jama Contour Adapter – artifacts being managed in Contour can now participate in the overall End-to-End traceability across all tracked artifacts in the scope of the project. Traceability chain can be maintained up to the design elements and code methods being used in the project.
Data visibility inside IDEs
Using the Kovair Jama Contour Adapter and Omnibus plug-ins for IDEs – artifacts being managed in Contour can now directly be created, viewed, modified or deleted from inside IDEs like Eclipse and Visual Studio.
Example of Jama Integration
An organization is using Jama Contour for Requirements management, HP ALM for Test Management and Bugzilla for Defect Management. When a Requirement is reviewed and approved in Contour – it automatically creates a Test Requirement in HP ALM. Test Cases are developed and executed in HP ALM. When a test execution fails it automatically creates a Defect in Bugzilla. The Requirement, Test Cases, Test Runs and Defects are linked to each other and can be viewed as a Traceability chain in Kovair. When all the Test Cases for a Requirement are executed and related defects are “Fixed” the status of the Requirement in HP ALM and Contour automatically changes to Implemented.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – email@example.com
- Provides bidirectional synchronization of User Story and other artifacts between Jama Contour and other ALM tools.
- Enhances collaboration between distributed teams and stakeholders on all Contour artifacts.
- Customized integration rules can be setup easily to implement the exact integration use case.
- Reports & Metrics from Kovair can be used to track progress in different stages of the application lifecycle.
- Allows the team members to work on all ALM artifacts from their preferred tool environment and thereby helps in their productivity growth.
- Provide near real-time visibility to stakeholders across the organization and keeps everyone in sync
- Connect everything together with end-to-end traceability and impact analysis
- Conflict detection and mediation
- Support for users to configure integration rules and establish relations between objects of disparate ALM tools
- Support for data transformation through robust formula expression builders
- Inbuilt reliability mechanisms to ensure zero error synchronization
- Enables integration with both Cloud and On-Premise tools
- Enterprise class security and vulnerability handling
- Event-Action based integration rules are easy to understand and maintain