GitLab is a complete DevOps platform, delivered as a single application. This makes GitLab unique and creates a streamlined software workflow, unlocking your organization from the constraints of a pieced together toolchain. GitLab offers unmatched visibility and higher levels of efficiency in a single application across the DevOps lifecycle.
Kovair provides a vendor-neutral integration platform called Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform, on which the best-of-breed tools can be integrated.
Kovair GitLab Adapter
The Kovair Omnibus Adapter for GitLab helps enrich the workflows in the ALM ecosystem and boost productivity for the entire DevOps chain. It supports the integration of GitLab with multiple tools in the ALM and DevOps ecosystem.
The adapter helps bridge the gap between multiple teams by bi-directionally flowing issues from GitLab to separate purpose-built tools. As the issue is present in both the systems, it becomes easier to keep the information up-to-date in a seamless manner.
Features & Benefits
- Enables data synchronization between GitLab and Kovair ALM tools that are connected to the Omnibus integration platform.
- Provides forward and backward traceability of Commits, Files, File Versions, Branches and Issues with related artifacts of other tools.
- Track issues flowing bi-directionally into multiple tools, providing valuable insight into their DevOps ecosystem.
Why Integrate GitLab with Kovair?
- Version Control – The integration between Kovair and GitLab enables smooth flow of GitLab data to other connected tools. It is easier to gain complete visibility into specific files and file versions in context to Commits, Files or Issues. Hence, users can view GitLab changes right from within their preferred tool environment.
- Issue Management – The Omnibus GitLab connector facilitates development teams to automatically flow issues bi-directionally into multiple tools and also gain real-time insight into their DevOps and Agile toolchains.
- End-to-End Traceability – The Omnibus GitLab connector ensures complete traceability between tools. Any changes made to any of the files can be quickly traced to identify whether it is a fix for a defect or a feature request.
Use Case Scenario with Kovair GitLab
Let us consider a typical use case scenario where GitLab is integrated with Jama, using Kovair adapter for GitLab and Kovair Omnibus platform.
- A Product Manager creates a Business Requirement (BR) in Jama.
- The Development Team works on the BR using Eclipse, tests it and commits it in GitLab against the ‘requirement id’ specified in Jama.
- For every commit, Kovair Omnibus synchronizes the commit back to Jama with the specific requirement id.
- From within the Kovair Omnibus platform, the synchronized data containing information such as the author of the commit, the date and time of the commit and the files that were a part of the commit can be viewed.