Enterprise Architect, developed by Sparx Systems, is a visual tool used for designing software applications. Today’s business applications rarely live in isolation. Users expect instant access to all business functions an enterprise can offer, regardless of which system the functionality may reside in.
Kovair Support for Enterprise Architect Integration
‘Kovair Enterprise Architect Integration Adapter’ integrates Enterprise Architect, popularly known as EA, with other ALM and ITSM tools by exposing the Packages, Models, Elements and the relationships among them to Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform. This enables these artifacts to be synchronized to any other tools connected to the Omnibus platform through its adapter. End-to-end traceability can be maintained over time using a continuous synchronization process that allows updates made in connected tools to be reflected in EA. Typically, an EA user can directly add a Package, Diagram Model, Requirements, Use Cases, Actors, etc. or even a complete Package along with all its elements and diagrams from EA to Omnibus.
‘Omnibus Integration with EA’ facilitates two way communications of user-defined mapping of different Artifact Attributes to EA objects and tagged values. Direct and automated exporting of EA elements to a connected ALM tool will increase the utility of the EA tool significantly.
Kovair’s EA adapter is built to currently work with the following EA versions – 7.5, 8.0, 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2.
Features & Benefits
- Ability to publish the EA Design Packages, Models and Design Elements to the Integration platform enabling other tools to set up Traceability relations with them.
- End-to-End Traceability and change management can be maintained using a continuous synchronization process that allows updates made in other connected tools to be reflected in EA.
- Ability to import Requirements from any connected Requirement management tool.
- Support for almost all types of objects from Enterprise Architect
- User-defined mapping of Artifact Attributes to EA objects and tagged values.
- Support for bidirectional synchronization of artifact relationships, along with the link types as provided in EA.
- Direct import/export of EA Artifacts from/to connected tools via Omnibus.
- Allows multiple EA Projects to connect with each other simultaneously.
An Example of Enterprise Architect Integration
Enterprise Architect (EA) is a visual tool for modeling and designing software applications. It covers all aspects of modeling.
The Kovair Omnibus EA plug-in and adapter allow EA users to add Design Models and Design Elements as traceable items to the Kovair Omnibus EA Adapter. This would enable other users to link with this item using Kovair Omnibus plug-ins. The artifacts would then become traceable entities in the ALM ecosystem. It is also possible to synchronize these Design Elements with Requirements and other artifacts, being managed in different ALM tools that are connected to Omnibus.
In a typical Requirements management scenario, the architect prepares a Use Case Model in Enterprise Architect based on the requirements being gathered by the analysts in a different tool. Using Kovair Omnibus adapter for EA, the architect can pull in the requirements into EA through the Kovair Add-In for EA. Based on those requirements he/she can design a Use Case diagram model using various elements like the Use cases, Actors, etc. and also linking the relevant objects to one another. Once the diagram model is completed, he/she can push the entire model to Omnibus platform. Each of these objects from EA can now be sent to any ALM tool as traceable items and the ALM users who do not have access to EA can now view the entire traceability chain starting from Requirement, to Diagram Model to Packages and Design Elements (Use Cases, Actors, etc.). In addition, by using this data, Kovair Omnibus reports and dashboards can be configured to offer a better visibility to the management through various graphical and textual reports.