Dynatrace is an Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tool to analyze the performance of application servers, database servers, and web services.
Kovair Dynatrace Integration Adapter
‘Kovair Dynatrace Adapter’ allows one to integrate Dynatrace tool with best-of-breed ALM tools within Omnibus ecosystem. As a result of the integration, metrics monitored from Dynatrace tool can be traced and analyzed in Kovair or any analysis tool. This integration brings Kovair DevOps solution to capture application performance data as well as data related to network, containers, servers, hosts, cloud.
Features & Benefits
- Synchronize attributes related to Problem and Event from the Dynatrace tool to target tools.
- Continuously monitoring user experience is essential to getting timely insights on usage trends, response times and overall user satisfaction
- Real-time metrics based on events, transaction health across different platforms, response error, etc.
- DevOps must strike a balance between velocity and stability. Dynatrace integration brings the innovation, performance, and availability to take care of the challenge efficiently
Benefits of Kovair Dynatrace Adapter
- Track Alert: With the integration in-place using Omnibus IT team can centrally track and manage alerts & notifications on application health and critical business transactions based on the rules defined for threshold.
- Code level Diagnostics: As part of performance testing, it provides ability to determine which transaction is slow, and helps us in identifying the reasons for slow transaction by allowing to drill down to the method in code causing issue and helps in isolating the performance bottlenecks. All the critical transactional can be traced intimated to the respective team.
Services Supported in Kovair Dynatrace Adapter
|Exposed Entities||Supported Events|
Use Case Scenarios with Kovair Dynatrace Adapter
Let us consider a typical use case scenario where the Kovair Dynatrace tool is integrated with tools like Remedy/Service Now, JIRA, Eclipse, GitHub, Jenkins, and Kovair application using Kovair adapter for Dynatrace and Kovair Omnibus.
- Step 1: A ticket is raised in Remedy/ServiceNow. This ticket becomes available at JIRA as backlog by Kovair
- Step 2: Either all backlog items or based on certain condition some backlog item will be made visible in Eclipse by Kovair
- Step 3: Inside eclipse, developers will work with BDD Swift, App Builder and App Swift.
- Step 4: Once coding is done, the code will get checked in to GitHub.
- Step 5: Once the code is checked in to GitHub, Jenkins will be invoked from Kovair.
- Step 6: Jenkins will do the build, deploy the build in staging server and will invoke test automation using Selenium.
- Step 7: If test automation is successful then build gets deployed in production by Kovair Omnibus as a continuation of step 5 else the build is not deployed in production and user is informed about the decision.
- Step 8: Once the build is deployed in production, application monitoring is done using Dynatrace. The monitoring results are then pushed into Kovair Omnibus. Based on different predefined conditions or rules, corresponding tickets would be created in Remedy/Service Now system by Kovair. Mails can also be another form of events/trigger. Corresponding tickets would be created in Remedy/Service Now system by Kovair.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – email@example.com