It’s a well-known fact that when teams are allowed to use their most preferred tools to manage project assets, their productivity rises exponentially. Kovair leverages this fact and helps organizations increase their overall productivity by integrating the best-of-the-breed tools that are used by their project teams. One such tool is IBM Rational DOORS.
IBM Rational DOORS contains proven capabilities that can help improve software quality and work efficiency by optimizing requirements communication and enhancing collaboration. IBM Rational DOORS is a scalable solution for managing project scope and cost that helps you meet business goals, satisfy customer needs, and address applicable regulations and standards.
Features & Benefits
- Allows project teams to work on Requirement from within their preferred tool environment and thereby enhance their productivity.
- Automates actions on requirement resulting from other integrated tools.
- Streamlines requirement change history processes spanning across multiple tools.
- Enforces traceability by linking DOORS Requirement with same Module or different Modules.
- Facilitates collaboration and keeps all stakeholders in sync with the latest changes and ensures smooth change propagation through lifecycle silos.
- Allows Requirement in DOORS to flow bi-directionally between DOORS and other integrated ALM tools.
- Allows Requirements Management processes to become part of an organization-wide macro process covering the entire SDLC.
- Requirement Management including project scope throughout the development lifecycle
- Robust, reliable, and readily scalable enterprise-class architecture
- Bi-directional synchronization of IBM Doors Rational Requirement with other tools from other vendors/platforms
- Support for complex transformation of data
- Ability to define customized business rules and establish relations between objects of disparate ALM tools
- Easy to configure and customize using web-based, codeless configuration screens
- Conflict detection and mediation
- Web interface for end-to-end traceability, consolidated reporting, and dashboard
Kovair Support for DOORS Integration
‘Kovair DOORS Integration Adapter’ lets you maximize returns from your DOORS investment by providing a seamless connection between your DOORS deployment and best-of-breed tools from other vendors like RequisitePro, ClearQuest, HP QC, and TFS. This integration ensures that all the artifacts across the development chain are tightly integrated and changes in Requirements in DOORS can be traced to other linked artifacts regardless of the tools involved in between. For example, you can trace a DOORS Requirement to its linked Test Case, which is detailed out in HP QC.
Kovair DOORS Integration Adapter leverages the vendor-neutral Omnibus Integration Platform to enable synchronization of DOORS Requirement with that of disparate ALM tools and ensure cross-lifecycle transparency, macro and micro-level process automation and correspondence of activities across disciplines.
The integration of DOORS with other ALM tools is not a point-to-point integration. Instead, it is based on the robust Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) architecture that requires only one adapter per tool, thereby making the integration environment easy to maintain and readily scalable.
DOORS Integration Adapter offers the followings:
Requirements are needed by all the teams involved in a software development project. Hence, collaboration between team members is a necessity. However, project teams and team members are usually dispersed, and often use disparate tools thereby making collaboration a big challenge that can be addressed only by integrating the tools.
Kovair DOORS Integration Adapter provides integration between DOORS and other standard tools to ensure seamless flow of requirement information and allow all stakeholders to actively participate in the requirements process.
Integrated Requirement Management
Traditional Requirement Management, implemented in a single information silo, can no longer address the complexity and agility of modern software development. To ensure project success, Requirement Management processes must be seamlessly integrated with all other SDLC processes.
Thus, Integrated Requirement Management is integral to all software organizations and Kovair DOORS Integration Adapter helps organizations in establishing the same by linking requirements with corresponding test cases and relevant issues.
Kovair Omnibus’s central framework, in collaboration with Kovair DOORS Integration adapter, allows creation and management of traceability relationships between DOORS Requirement and other artifacts from other tools. Maintaining traceability from requirements to test cases reflects the stability of requirements and their implementation status.
Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform is capable of integrating tools irrespective of their vendors and platforms. As a result, organizations can enjoy the benefits of tools integration and yet allow their people to continue using their favored tools. This, in turn, improves overall productivity because employees make better use of the tools they already know; and when tool is not the concern, they can focus on other important aspects of their roles. Also, this integration eliminates the effort required for entering same data in different tools.
Requirement Process Automation
Kovair Omnibus integration allows creation and management of business rules through user-friendly Web interface — no hard-coded logic is involved. This feature can be utilized to automate the SDLC process. For example, rules can be defined so that when a Project Manager adds some requirements in DOORS, the requirements automatically flow to HP QC through Omnibus. Subsequently, Testers can generate Test Cases in HP QC, do testing, and create defects.
Kovair DOORS Integration Adapter helps in attaining consolidated data about Requirements and related artifacts. This data can be used for analysis and reporting of defect information to assist the Management with risk management, process improvement, and project management.
Example of DOORS Integration
DOORS-HP Quality Center Integration
As shown in the example, you can integrate DOORS with HP QC so that Requirements in DOORS are replicated in HP QC. While creating a Test Case in HP QC, you can link it with the appropriate Requirement. Furthermore, you can execute a Test Case in HP QC, fail it, and create a Defect. The Defect is replicated in JIRA. This entire data flow is managed through Kovair Omnibus.