Docker is a set of coupled software-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service products that use operating-system-level virtualization to develop and deliver software in packages called containers.
Kovair Docker Integration Adapter
Monitoring and Managing continuous application deployment and delivery is an important step towards increased business values.
Kovair adapter for Docker, is designed to deploy and capture data generated from Docker environment. For an existing connected Docker environment when new Volume, Image, and Network related to a Container are introduced or changed the data are track back to Kovair Omnibus platform for monitoring or delegating to other connected tools.
Features & Benefits
- Detect issues and troubles at an early stage to avoid risks at production level.
- Changes and upgrades can be done safely as the whole environment is tracked.
- Refine applications for better performance and robustness.
- Collect, Process, Aggregate and delegate information related to the running containers.
Benefits of Using Kovair Docker Adapter
Monitoring of Docker Related Artefacts from Kovair ALM: The primary objective of this integration is to collect Docker metrics about all the containers. In order to get as much efficiency out of Docker as possible, we need to track Docker metrics. Monitoring metrics is also important for troubleshooting problems.
Services Supported in Kovair Docker Adapterr
|Exposed Entities||Supported Events||Exposed Relations|
Use Case Scenarios with Kovair Docker Adapter
Let us consider a typical use case scenario where the Kovair Docker adapter is integrated with Docker and other ALM tools with the help of Kovair Omnibus platform.
- Pushing a commit to GitHub triggers GitHub to use a webhook for notifying Jenkins of the update.
- Jenkins pulls the GitHub repository, including the Dockerfile describing the image, as well as the application and test code.
- This is followed by building a Docker Image on the Jenkins slave node.
- Jenkins instantiates the Docker container on the slave node and executes the appropriate tests.
- If the tests are successful, the image is then pushed up the Docker registry.
- If Kovair ALM is integrated to Docker using Kovair Omnibus and Kovair adapter for Kovair ALM, then data related to the Docker will get exposed in Kovair Omnibus. Based on the configuration set, the data will get automatically synchronized to Kovair ALM.
- User monitor and manage the data directly from Kovair ALM. In addition, they can also initiate, end or kill an operation directly from Kovair ALM with the help of the adapter. Functionality like “Create Container and Image” will be managed by Jenkins Docker plugin based on Dockerfile.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – firstname.lastname@example.org