Confluence is a software program developed and published by Australian software company Atlassian to teams to manage contents and collaborate efficiently.
Kovair Confluence Adapter
Kovair adapter for Confluence helps to achieve an integration scenario between Confluence and other ALM tools. Using the adapter, records created in the Pages can be flowed into the target tool. With Kovair Confluence adapter, Attributes of a page — such as comments and attachments — can be bi-directionally synchronized.
Features & Benefits
- Web-Based codeless configuration screens for easy configuration and customization.
- End-to-End Traceability View of the exposed entities and related data from Confluence tool.
- Track relevant fields like Pages and associated comments and attachments.
- Centralized data view for multiple spaces of Confluence.
Why Integrate Confluence with Kovair?
- Centralized Data View of Multiple Confluence tool projects:
Users can synchronize data from multiple Pages of a space and view it from other ALM Tool interfaces or can be view from Kovair ALM.
- End-to-End Traceability of Data and Streamlined Reports
The adapter can expose entities and the data related directly from the Confluence tool to Kovair Omnibus. As a result, the data is also visible from other ALM tools that are integrated to the Kovair platform thereby maintaining complete traceability of data.
Data visible from End-to-End Traceability can also be leveraged to create custom reports, and analytics using Kovair reporting engine.
Services Supported in Kovair Confluence Integration
|Entities Exposed||Entity Features||Supported Events||Supported Actions||Field Syncback|
An Example of a Use Case Scenario between Confluence and SharePoint
To understand how the Kovair Confluence adapter works, let us consider an integration scenario between tools Confluence and SharePoint.
With the help of Kovair Omnibus and Kovair adapters, the tools are integrated with each other thereby creating an integrated scenario. Below is a step-by-step scenario explaining how the tools work in the integrated scenario.
- Assuming Confluence as the source tool and SharePoint as the target tool:
- A Page is added along with attachment under a Space in Confluence.
- The Page data will automatically get synced to the SharePoint, registered target site. In addition, the SharePoint ID will automatically be synced back to Confluence.
- Now if a Page is modified with Attachment under a Space in Confluence, the modification will be automatically synced in SharePoint target Site.
- If the Page is again modified and an attachment is added under the registered Site in SharePoint, the modifications along with the attachment will be automatically synced to Confluence Target Page under the registered target Space.
Assuming Confluence as the target tool and SharePoint as the source tool:
- A Page is added with an attachment under a Site in SharePoint.
- The Page will be automatically added to Confluence under the registered Target Space. Along with the Page, the Confluence Page ID will also get automatically synced back to SharePoint.
- The Page with attachment is modified under a Site in SharePoint.
- The modified Page with attachment will be automatically updated in Confluence under the registered Target Space.
- The attachment of the Page is updated under the registered Space in Confluence.
- The attachment of the Page will be automatically updated under the registered Site in SharePoint.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – email@example.com