Microsoft Azure DevOps provides a collaboration platform for application lifecycle management solutions. It is used by Development and QA teams, collaborating with the Microsoft development ecosystems.
Life cycle Teams can work both on cloud and on-premise using Azure DevOps Services and Azure DevOps Server respectively. Azure DevOps supports Release Management, Task Management, Test Case Management and Agile Planning and Collaboration.
Kovair provides a vendor-neutral integration platform called Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform, on which the best-of-breed tools can be integrated.
Kovair Azure DevOps Adapter
Kovair Omnibus Adapter for Microsoft Azure DevOps connects Microsoft Azure DevOps with Kovair ALM or other tools in the ecosystem by enabling bi-directional synchronization of work items. The adapter provides integration which allows disparate teams to collaborate without having to leave their respective work environments. The adapter is designed to work with both cloud (Azure DevOps – formerly VSTS) solutions as well as local (Azure DevOps Server – formerly TFS). Kovair Omnibus, along with the Azure DevOps adapter, allows bi-directional synchronization of any work items like requirements, user stories, tasks, defects and tests. This ensures that all collaborators can see the same data in the ecosystem, irrespective of what application they use.
Why Integrate Azure DevOps with Kovair?
- Traceability: The key advantage of Kovair Omnibus Azure DevOps adapter is end-to-end traceability. Work item types are synchronized together with their inter-relationships. All attributes of the work items can be synchronized, including links and attachments. This provides comprehensive traceability of the artefacts, while the respective teams can keep working in their respective environment.
- Track Check-in Files: The adapter also supports tracking and capturing files, being checked in Azure DevOps. The adapter publishes File, Changeset and Pull Request information.
- Reports and Dashboards: Kovair ALM platform has a powerful reporting engine. Based on the incoming data from Azure DevOps, users can generate different types of reports and dashboards.
Services Supported in Kovair Azure DevOps Adapter
|Exposed Entities||Supported Events||Supported Actions||Exposed Relations|
Use Case Example of Kovair Omnibus Integration with Azure DevOps
Let us consider a typical use case scenario where the Microsoft Azure DevOps tool is integrated with Atlassian JIRA tool and Kovair ALM, using Kovair adapter for Azure DevOps and Kovair Omnibus platform.
When a story is added in the JIRA tool, it gets automatically added to the Azure DevOps tool and Kovair ALM.
When a bug is created and linked to the user story in Azure DevOps, it gets automatically synced with the JIRA tool and Kovair ALM. Similarly, the relation established between the Bug and the Story in Azure DevOps will also get automatically synced with the JIRA tool.
If the status of the bug is updated as Done in the JIRA tool, then the modification will automatically reflect in Azure DevOps and Kovair ALM.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – email@example.com
Features & Benefits
- Supports bidirectional synchronization of work Items and associated relations between the connected tools.
- Trace and view the file directly from SCM, using federated files from connected tools.
- Real-time metrics from cross-tool data that can be used to generate reports and dashboards.