Previously known as Visual Studio Team Services or Visual Studio Online, Azure DevOps is a suite of five services that can be used together or independently. The services are — Azure Pipeline, Azure Boards, Azure Artifacts, Azure Repos, and Azure Test Plans.
Kovair Azure DevOps Integration Adapter
Kovair adapter for Azure DevOps helps to improve the communication gap prevailing between development teams using tools like JIRA and project management teams using tools like Azure DevOps. By integrating the Kovair Adapter with Azure DevOps tool, users can bi-directionally flow entity related information such as an epic and its associated user story or task to the target tool and vice versa.
Benefits of Kovair Azure DevOps Adapter
- Traceability: The adapter can expose entities and the associated relations directly from the tool to Kovair Omnibus, thereby providing complete traceability through a single interface.
- Reports and Dashboards: Based on cross-tool data streamed, users can generate different types of reports and dashboards such as Distribution of User Story by Status, Submitter Trend of Bugs, Distribution of Bug by Status, Defect Resolution Rate, Average Turnaround Time.
- Direct Actions: The adapter supports direct actions like Add, Edit, and Delete.
Services Supported in Kovair Azure DevOps Adapter
|Exposed Entities||Supported Events||Supported Actions||Exposed Relations|
Use Case Scenarios with Kovair Azure DevOps
Let us consider a typical use case scenario where the Kovair Azure DevOps tool is integrated with JIRA tool and Kovair application using Kovair adapter for Azure DevOps and Kovair Omnibus platform.
- Use Case 1: JIRA as the source tool and Azure DevOps as the target tool
When a story is added in the JIRA tool, the story will get automatically added in the Azure DevOps tool and Kovair application.
- Use Case 2: Azure DevOps as the Source tool and JIRA as the target tool
When a bug is created and linked to the user story in Azure DevOps, the bug will get automatically synced in the JIRA tool and Kovair application. Similarly, the relation established between the Bug and the Story in Azure DevOps will also get automatically synced in the JIRA tool.
- Use Case 3: JIRA as the source tool and Azure DevOps as the target tool
If the status of the bug is updated as Done in the JIRA tool, then the modification will also get automatically reflected in the Azure DevOps and in Kovair application.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – email@example.com
Features & Benefits
- Supports bidirectional synchronization of entity data and associated relations and status updates between tools.
- End-to-End traceability of entities, thereby making data visible from the Azure DevOps to other ALM tools.
- Supports direct event-based actions like Add, Edit, and Delete through Omnibus.
- Real-time metrics from cross tool data that can be used for generation of reports and dashboards.
- Point-and-Click configuration method guided by Kovair interactive UI.