Kovair Aras Innovator Adapter integrates the Innovator tool with the best of breed ALM tools, thereby enabling users to track inherent PLM components namely PR, ECR, EN from within the ALM Tool interface.
Kovair Omnibus works as the central platform of data flow and exchange between Innovator and other ALM tools. When integrated with the adapter, it can expand the benefits of PLM Tools by automating the flow of Innovator Artifacts to other ALM tools. As a result, it creates an end-to-end traceability through which activities of the Innovator tool and the ones occurring inside other ALM Toolsets can be monitored.
Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform uses point and click configuration to create automated integration and workflow rules based on which a seamless integration between the Innovator tool and other ALM Tools can be facilitated. The adapter can also trigger custom actions in other ALM Tools based on Events occurring inside Innovator.
Key Highlights of Kovair Aras Innovator AdapterKovair Aras Innovator Adapter when integrated with Omnibus platform offers the following benefits –
- Uniform Configuration for Multi-tool Integration Kovair Innovator Adapter can integrate the Innovator tool with other ALM Tools using a uniform Point and Click Configuration method guided by Kovair interactive UI.
- Centralized Data View of Multiple Innovator Instances Users can synchronize data from Innovator for multiple products and view it through a single interface on Kovair Platform.
- End-to-End Traceability and Streamlined Reports The adapter can expose Innovator entities and data related to it directly from the tool to Kovair Omnibus. This makes the data visible from other ALM tools integrated to the Kovair platform. The same data can be leveraged for creating end-to-end traceability, custom reports and analytics using Kovair reporting engine.
- Direct Deployment Actions The adapter enables users to take command of event related actions like Add/Edit/Delete directly through Omnibus.
|Entities Exposed||Events Collected||Actions Supported||Relations Supported|
||Supports basic events like Add, Edit, and Delete||Supports actions like Add, Edit, and Delete||
Using the ARAS Innovator Adapter, we aim to achieve the integration of Innovator PLM with other ALM and ITSM Tools. This helps us to bridge the information gap between the Operations, the Development and the PLM Team.
Any Change Request raised by the operations team is looked into and taken care of by the Development team. Based on its nature, the Change Request is then forwarded as an Engineering Change Request (ECR) to the Engineering team using the Innovator adapter.
The integration process starts with an Incident and an associated Change Request (CR) being submitted via Service Now. The CR is then synced across to RTC as a CR, where it undergoes a few modifications. The modified CR updated with the latest changes is then synced from RTC to Innovator.
In ARAS Innovator, the ECR is broken down into ECN and Problem Report (PR), additional a new Part is generated from the PR. With respect to the Part, a new CAD Document and a submission warrant is created, along with a new Project, Program and a Customer.
When the Innovator is integrated with the Omnibus Enterprise Service Bus using the Kovair Innovator Adapter, all the logged artifacts inside the Innovator tool becomes traceable from Kovair platform as well as from other ALM tools that are connected to it.
Thus based on the work done by the Engineering team using Innovator Tool, the entire product lifecycle data can be captured and traced along with corresponding ALM and ITSM Tool data, managed by RTC and Service Now respectively.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – firstname.lastname@example.org
BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Single platform to capture, track, and measure data from connected PLM and ALM tools.
- Bidirectional synchronization of exposed PLM components like PR, ECR, EN between Innovator and other ALM tools.
- Point and Click Configuration method guided by Kovair interactive UI to integrate Innovator tool with other ALM tools.
- Easy monitoring of exposed PLM components from other tool IDEs through Omnibus integrated platform.
- End-to-end traceability of entities, making data visible from the Innovator tool to other ALM tools.
- Centralized view of multiple Innovator Product details from Kovair Platform.