AppDynamics is an application performance management tool that focusses on managing the performance and availability of applications across cloud computing environments as well as inside the data centre.
Kovair AppDynamics Adapter
The Kovair adapter for AppDynamics helps to achieve integration scenario between AppDynamics and other ALM tools, enabling teams to monitor and analyse the performance of an application with respect to its impact on an entire business flow. With the help of the integration, businesses can easily deliver application mapping, dynamic baselining, and code-level diagnostics of a tool that is used in the integration. This is a key integration in an DevOps scenario where application health is monitored and tracked.
Why Integrate AppDynamics with Kovair?
- Automated Code Level Diagnostics: Integration with Kovair AppDynamics provides deep diagnostic capabilities enables to identify root-cause down to the individual applications and environments, avoid sifting through log files, and save valuable developer time.
- Centralized Source of Truth: The integration can help users to automatically monitor and baseline every metric in order to achieve a measurement-based environment that aids test, development, and production process improvement. Put everyone on the same page with The Virtual War Room, which gives both internal teams and external partners, access to the same data, on the same screen.
Eliminate the guesswork with automatic correlation of app, infrastructure, and business data so that you understand the impact of every interaction.
- Secured On-Going Investment: Build a compelling business case for wider DevOps adoption across the enterprise, with real-time business metrics that you can rely on. Capture and share deep-insights with diagnostic capabilities that provide detail into the behaviour of apps in pre-prod, test and production. Create dashboards that showcase the technical or business benefits of every new release from Kovair ALM. All stake holders may not need to access AppDynamics to get the performance data, Kovair platform with the integration will provide a centralised view.
- Direct Actions: The adapter enables users to take direct actions like Add/Modify/Delete directly through Omnibus.
Services Supported in Kovair AppDynamics Adapter
|Exposed Entities||Supported Events||Supported Features|
An Example of a Use Case Scenario between AppDynamics and Kovair Platform
With the server infrastructure, traditional monitoring tools are of surface level metrics value. It is not just enough to know infrastructure metrics. The AppDynamics platform with Kovair Integration gives you visibility into your business transactions — and all of the associated downstream activities — to give you the most relevant, business-performance view of your environment.
To understand how the Kovair AppDynamics adapter works, let us consider an integration scenario between tools AppDynamics and Kovair Platform.
With the help of Kovair Omnibus and Kovair adapters, the tools are integrated with each other thereby creating an integrated scenario. Below is a step-by-step scenario explaining how the tools work in the integrated scenario.
The Integration helps reduce the time in searching for specific event/incident data and consolidate tickets by following this runtime flow:
- AppDynamics is configured with staging as well as with production Server.
- In DevOps using Kovair platform builds can be deployed using Kovair Jenkins adapter in Staging as well as in Production
- Once the application is Staging or in Production AppDynamics can capture regular monitoring data and send to Kovair platform using the integration.
- In Kovair one can create an alert panel for the IT manager as well as the product owner. These stake holders can regularly monitor the application and environment performance.
- Over the period time these data can be used to create meaning reports show casing application performance
- Using Kovair REST API these AppDynamics log data can extracted from Kovair into a BI tool for analysis over the period of a year or more.
Note: The adapter as developed and offered by Kovair follows the subject tool’s standard specifications. Any deviations from the Tool’s typical use pattern may not have been anticipated in our off-the-shelf product. For any customization or special configuration needs, please contact Kovair Sales – email@example.com
Features & Benefits
- Saves valuable developer time by providing automated code-level diagnostics of a tool in an integration scenario.
- Creates a central platform for both internal and external teams to automatically monitor and baseline every metric.
- Web-Based codeless configuration screens for easy configuration and customization.