Kovair Entity Framework supports several rich field types. Grid field is one of them, extensively used by our customers who love the power and usefulness of this field structure in capturing entity data. Grid field is a composite field structure that allows multi-row data input. Let’s take an example of Requirement Entity where multiple reviewers will review the same set of requirements and approve these individually. Kovair allows you defining a grid field attribute “Review Results” to record the review inputs like Reviewed By, Review Date, Review Decision (Approved/ Discarded), Review Score and Review Comment for each reviewer about each individual requirement. Reviewers can easily open up individual requirement, record their review feedbacks and see others’ responses based on access permissions. When the reviewer needs to review hundreds of requirements at the same time, opening up each requirement separately and capturing review outcome may be tedious, time consuming and inefficient.
Kovair has come up with an effective list interface to work on hundreds of items simultaneously and deal with customer scenarios as above. Reviewers will be able to review multiple requirements at the same time and record their feedbacks from a single list interface using its useful features listed below.
- Displaying multi-rows -based grid field structure like “Review Results” within the list interface.
- Ability to record a new feedback row or modify a previous feedback just by a click.
- In-place editing of column data.
- Multiple row copy-paste based update using Excel like features- “Fill Selected” and “Fill Till Bottom”.
- Contextual update of data.
- Uploading images and files directly from the list interface just by a click.
- Rich-text editing with word-like formatting.